Chapter 16

The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said,
"When a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah looks at both of them with mercy."
Sahih Bukhari

*************************

Shifa's POV

I turned to the source of the sound who said the same thing what I said,

 'HADI', I looked at him and turned towards Omar

"You?? here??" I asked with a confused look

"You know him?" Asif bhai asked

"We were classmates" I said

"He's my nephew" Kulsum Aunty said from behind.

**********************

We had our lunch together.

Then we, ladies were sitting in the living room while men were in the backyard.

"When are you thinking to marry off your daughter's?" Kulsum Aunty asked looking at Amina Aunty

"When I will find a good man for them, I will get them married." Amina Aunty said

"Will you give your daughter Anaya for my son Junaid?" We all were shocked and I saw Anaya from the corner of my eyes, she was frozen.....

***********************

It's been two months since Kulsum Aunty came over to our house.

After that day, two weeks later, they had fixed the marriage date.

Last month I got admission in Amity University and now my classes are going on.

Today is the special day for Anaya, IT'S HER MARRIGE!!.

Everything happened so fast and yesterday was her MEHENDI. It was awesome!! She wore a yellow and pink salwar suit and she looked so beautiful!! Mashaa Allah !!

Now, I and Alishba got her ready. She wore a red and golden ghagra choli with a golden hijab and a little bit of make up....
O Allah!! She looks stunning!! Mashaa Allah!!

"I am sure, your soon to be husband will not be able to take his eyes away" Anaya blushed when I said that.

"Oooooo..... someone's blushing" Alishba said in a teasing tone.

The Nikah is in the backyard of Furqaan Uncle's house.

Alishba and I are wearing same type of gowns but different colours. Alishba's is very colourful, pinkish, orangish... etc. She wore it with a pink hijab. She looks so cute!! Pink suits her very well. My gown is a mixture of sea green, jade... etc. My favourite colour is jade so I wore a jade coloured hijab.

Everyone is so busy in the last moment preparations before the groom comes. Amina Aunty sat on a chair and sighed heavily. Maybe she is tired....

I went to her and said "Aunty... you look so tired... Don't worry everything will be fine... InshaAllah. You rest for sometime. I will bring juice for you..."

She nodded and said "Thank you, beta"

I went to the kitchen, filled a glass of mango juice. While I was going to the room with the glass full of juice, I hit someone and the whole glass of juice fell on that person.

Thank God! It was a disposable glass. I picked up the glass and looked up to see the person.

"You??" We said in unison

It was HADI

"What are you doing here?" I asked him

"I think I was supposed to ask you that, and what did you do to my new shirt? Can't you walk properly? Are you blind or what....?"

"Excuse me... It was your mistake... you were nicely walking looking at your phone... when you are walking look straight and walk and it's not my problem...."

He got angry. I ignored him and cleaned the door, filled another glass of juice and walked past him. And Alhamdullilah! No one witnessed our fight.

I looked from the corner of my eyes and saw him stomping away. Ughhh! I hate him!! Why is he so annoying?

I gave the juice to Amina Aunty, "Jazakillahukhair Shifa" she said while taking the juice from me,

"Waiyyakum" I replied

When the groom arrived, we all went to the backyard. All the girls were looking colourful and most of the guys were wearing black suits with different colour ties.

I saw Asif Bhai and Hadi talking, Asif Bhai was wearing a dark blue tie and Hadi was wearing a jade colour tie.

"Hey... Shifa... you and bhai are wearing same colour of hijab and tie" Alishba said and started laughing. Then it clicked me that even I was wearing a jade colour hijab.

She was loud enough for Hadi to hear and he turned towards us. Once he turned our eyes met, we glared at each other and turned away......

--------------------------------------------------------