Someone Was Here

Hesitantly, I walk down from the car. The wind gently touch my face skin and play with my hair as I got out of the car. For a second, I am petrified with what I see right in front of me. I look at them in bewilderment.

    "Mum? Did we arrive at the wrong place?" I ask my mother in confusion.

    Mum give me her hilarious laughter after hearing my question. "We are not in the wrong place, honey...the building in front of you, is our new house!" Mum tell me with her brightly lit face.

     "Awesome! " I am surprised with what mum said. Many things were running in my mind. What I should do after this? How does the inside of the house looks like? I feel so happy to live in a big house! "I thought..." I stop as mum cut my word.

   "You thought that we will live in a small house beside a big farm? Of course not. After all, this new house is the nearest house to school. We will do whatever for you and your brother." After hearing what my mum just says, I feel so grateful towards her.

     "Thanks, mom!" Bryan and me shouts in unison.

     We bring in all of our bags and other stuffs inside the mansion liked house. What surprise me even more is the design of the furniture and facilities inside the house. They are so beautifully arranged and everything looks so fancy. The living room is so big and I start running all around the room with great enjoyment as I exploring the ground floor of the house.

     I look at the antique clock inside the living room and wondering how old the house. The clock showing 01:30 a.m. even though it is in the afternoon.

     "Mum, can I walk up to upstair? I want to find a bedroom for myself." I ask anxiously and it responded with a smile and just a nod on her head. Similar to the ground floor, I could find many porcelain pots on top of small drawers as well as historical paintings on the wall, along the corridor.

     After walking around to search for a comfortable room for myself, I finally found the most outstanding one. The door of the room was made of beautiful oak wood which had flowers patterns on it. In the room, I feel so safe and comfy. I could spot many pretty art pieces such as Stary Night by Vincent Van Gogh and The Persistence Of Memory by Salvador Dali.

    Then I realize there is a picture of a young girl, along with two young boys sitting beside the bed. They were so cute and lovely. Maybe they were the daughter and sons of the previous house owner.

     My room is near the verandah which had a unique design. I walk into the verandah. A shrill of cold wind hit my skin which made me calm. From where I am, I get to see a school. I recognize that it was a school because I see many flag of school. This is definitely the best location to view what is going on in school!

    "Honey, lunch time!" I hear mum's voice calling me to go for lunch. My stomach start grumbling, producing sounds like 'urrrr' as a sign of 'I need food!'

    "I'm coming!" As I walk away from the verandah, the antique clock make a sound of Dinggg!!! Donggg!!! so loud. It make me close both of my ears. I stand on the stair and something caught my attention.

    Someone or something black is quietly standing beside the verandah. It is standing where I was standing earlier on when I was at the verandah. It give me a sharp staring and showing its dark scary pair of growling eyes.

    I do not dare to look at it any longer as another wave of cold air from somewhere touch my skin under my neck. I run down to the kitchen, with a feeling of fear and disbelief of what I had seen. My parents sending me a look of puzzlement as I sit silently beside Bryan.

    "Why you look so scared?" Dad ask me with a blank face as he helps himself with the fried fish.

   After taking a deep breath, I finally regained my composure and whisper timidly, "Dad, mom, Bryan... I think there is someone here. In this house!" I tell them. In contrary, Bryan starts giggling away, making this matter a funny one. "What!? I've seen it! He's at the verandah!"

    He smiles and stands up then he make his way to the staircase and walks upstair. He appears and walks down after two minutes. "There's nothing there." Bryan said, rolling his eyes.

   "See! It was just your imagination, Clara." Mum says as she drink her orange juice. I look at them in unsatisfaction and unease, not even doubting my own pair of eyes.

    "What if it was ghost." I said slowly while taking a big spoon of the soup then put it in my bowl. They look at each other then gave me a laugh. A loud one.

   "Ghost does not exist" dad chuckle after finished his sentence.

   "Are you scared, honey?" Mum shook her head, smiling at me.

     "I just say...what if." I eat my food slowly as a sense of disappointment struck me when they do not believe what I said.

   "If yes, then just let them live their life. They will not bother you if you do not bother them. Maybe. I'm just saying maybe." Bryan says after keeping silent for a period of time. Unexpectedly, he finished his lunch. That was so fast, what a big eater he is!

   "Ouh..." I say slowly.

    Unfortunately, they are happily having their meal, still unaware of the pair of eyes which is watching them closely from a far distance. It then mouthing three words softly...

"It's your turn..."