New School

I woke up from my bed in the morning. As I opened my eyes, something which happened last night ran into my mind. Last night, when I was almost fast asleep, I felt someone reclining beside me and the touch on my skin was cold.

     It was the third day since we moved in here. Today, would be the day I meet my new school and make a new friends. Hopefully, they would be friendly people to know. I made my way to the kitchen with my bag behind my back.

     "Wow! You look happy to start a new day in your new school!" mum exclaimed and smiled sweetly at me while she cut the vegetables.

     Rolling my eyes, I replied with a deep voice, "Happy enough". I then placed my bag on the chair before sitting down. A piece of bread with strawberry jam and a mug of hot chocolate were positioned in front of me, ready to be eaten.

      Checking for the time, mum turned her head to glance at the clock in the living room. Abruptly, she screamed in her high pitched voice, "Ouh! You should eat your breakfast as fast as you can. Your school will start at 7 o 'clock!" Mum ran upstair to changed her clothing while I swiftly shoved mouthful after mouthful of the bread into my mouth.

       It was nearly 7 a.m. I quickly finished my meal and waited for mum by her new car. Mum appeared at the door with her blue blouse and black jeans. It was just her usual dressing style, nothing special.

     I arrived at the school at about 7:15 a.m and it was totally late. Mum blew me a kiss and drove away. I smiled to myself as my excitement for the new school life hits me again.

    I had no idea where I should go. I did not even have a school map given to me. The school was so big and it kind of looked like Harry Potter's school in Hogwarts. I chuckled at my own imagination and continue to make my way wandering around the building.

    "Hey be careful!" I heard someone shouting at me from not far away. As I looked for the speaker, a basketball nearly touch my forehead skins, making me jump. "Hey, are you okay? I'm really sorry.." His gentle voice make me looked at him shyly.

    He smiled and introduced himself, "I'm Brod." Then, he raised his hand into the mid air for a handshake.

    I was petrified by his face for a second. He had a smart blonde hair as well as a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

   "Its okay... It doesn't matter. I'm Clara Steward" I introduced myself as I gently shook his hand.

     "Nice to meet you, Clara" He said in a warmly welcoming voice which could have melt the heart of all girls in the world. "So... You're new student right? Where is your class?" He asked me.

    I handled him the file which contained my profile.

      "Ouh we're at the same class! Our class has not begin yet." He smiled to me then scanned the paper closely again. Then I realized his face turned paler as he continued reading, "Do you live at that creepy house at street 13?"

   "Yes... What is the matter?" I asked him in puzzlement. He looked at me seriously but soon broke into a slight smile.

     "Why do you live there? I mean.. Urm it doesn't matter anyway." He gave me a smile. A plastic smile rather. "Your bag looks heavy. I can help you to carry it to our class."

     "It's okay. Where is our class?" I asked him. Trying to forget his terrifying face.

   "Let me bring you there!" he walked off while I followed behind him.

    When we arrived at the class, everyone's eyes were on me which made me felt a little bit uncomfortable.

     "Girlfriend huh?" A boy with his hair banks covering his eyes, asked Brod.