I Can

I'm not going to school since two days ago. I just laid in my bed and make my bedroom like it just the only place I ever need. Mom told me to be strong and went to school again but I'm still refused to listened.

   I started to looked all the thing inside my bedroom. Since I live here, I never check out any thing in this bedroom. I walked from the closet and then to the bookshelf.

Then I realized about the photo that caught my attention on the day we moved here. Hanging on the wall and beautifuly placed in antique frame, it's a photo of a girl and another people. 

   I took it from the wall.

   When I looked carefully, that people in the photo seem familiar. From her eyes and cute smile, my hand start to shaking. That girl was Rine. Beside her was Edward. I can see Kevin that still kid that time making a sandcastle. I recognized him because of his smile.

    So... Kevin know Edward and Rine. I wonder where was Edward now... the one who killed Rine and betrayed her. I put the photo to its place, finally feeling weird.

    I want to release some tension from my head so I decided to walked outside. Before I can walked out from the door, mom appeared with her smile.

   "Feel any better, sweety?"she asked me. I knew she just wearing a plastic smile. Behind her smile, she hide her sadness. I hate to see my mother like this. I felt guilty.

    I just nodded my head without looked at her. I walked out from that weird circumstances quickly.

    "Where are you going?" I heard mom said but I just ignored it. I didn't dare to looked at her sad eyes.

    I walked along the way until I saw a place where I saw the creepy old man. I gulped. I was scared. I scared if that thing appeared again. So I decided to walked back to my house.

   "Hey, young girl... Stop at where you stand" I heard a man's voice behind me. I glanced and saw an old man. It was not the same old man that I saw two days ago. But I still afraid to speak any word.

  "Don't worry... I'm not one of them..." He said and smiled kindly to me.

    "So what you're ,then?" Bravely, I asked him.

    "I am Beeba. I live there" he showed me a way to a graveyard. I looked at him seriously, trying to figure out if he's kidding me. He made no sign of 'I'm just kidding' so for sudden I began to shaking. He laughed.

   "I mean I live at the house beside the graveyard. I've been working as a graveyard keeper since 20 years ago. I know everyone in this district..." He said and smiled proudly.

   I looked at him finally feeling good. Well, I know that he was not my an imaginary again.

   "So?" I asked him in puzzled.

    "I know that you're in something terrible.. Aren't you? He said.

   I nodded my head as a sign of yes.

   "I see."

   "Beeba." Someone came and stood beside Beeba. He seem familiar. Well yeah, because it's Kevin wearing black shirt and short brown pant.

    "Right in time Kevin. Come on." The old man turned around and told us to followed him.

    "Beeba? I think this is not the right time" Kevin tried to stopped Beeba. I think it will make that old man changed his mind to tell me something. Before I can say anything, Beeba spoke without looked at us.

     "We don't need to wait the right time... Sometime, we make it right in time." He said, full of meaning. I looked at Kevin at the same time he looked me. I blushed for some unknown reason.

    We walked until we arrived at the graveyard's gate. I can felt many eye looked at me but I don't know where. We not going into the graveyard area instead the old man called us from somewhere. I don't realized that Beeba and Kevin has walked away and let me looked into the graveyard. I looked around.

I'm alone.

I ran and look for them. Thankfully, they were just in the small hut,behind the tree not far from the gate. Kevin gave me a small laughed.

   "Here... We're safe." Said Beeba.

   "So... Why I need to followed you till here?" I think it was a stupid question.

    "I dunno. You choose to follow. I just invite." Beeba laughed. "No... I'm here to help you."

    "Help? I don't need help" I said and stood up. I'm about to go as Beeba said the name.

    "Aw.. Come on... Are you sure don't need help? Even after saw something and... Rine?" Beeba said.

     "How do you know it?" I looked at him hoping for some explanation about that help he offer. Can he end this kind of thing?

     He laughed. "She always went here. I'm her grandpa" then he laughed again. Its creepy. Grandpa?

     "Beeba was my grandfather. Rine was my sister." Kevin spoke after a long time quiet. I was so surprise and it seem like I'm going to hear a long story.

   That's how Kevin seem understand with what happened to me. "You can see her but I'm sure that you didn't have sixth sense since you born right?" He asked seriously.

    "No."

Kevin smiled. "It means... Rine showed herself to you because of something..."

    "Why did you call this help?" I looked at them. I felt dizzy. They're talked about Rine. I'm afraid they will died because of me. Everyone who talked about her die.

    "We not help you yet. I have an ability to see something doesn't exist. Beeba have an ability to felt something other people can't..." Kevin said. Looking at my reaction. "Rine's spirit has promised that she will not bothered other people that will live there. But she had forgot her promise."

     "I don't understand." I said weakly.

     "Rine has remembered her word before die. It possessed her to kill anyone who spoke about where she dead. In same time, there's a part in her that kind. That was how you saw the old memory of her. She need your help" Beeba spoke. " we can help you to faced her."

I think of it for a long time. What will mum and dad said? Will everyone change their mind after this end? What will happen during the process? Am I still alive after the process?

I know from the start that I can fix this up. Everything seem standing on my arm. Rine needs help. It's my responsibility.

I closed my eyes.

I nodded my head.

I know I can.

"I'll give a try"