12| CONFRONTATION

It was fourth period. Henry had English so they parted ways after their free together. They had sat outside on one of the benches together, while Henry laughed loudly at her bear story, even more so at her pained expression of the memory. She told him that she would text him after fourth so they could have lunch together. He nodded in response as made his way to English while Jacob texted her to meet him and the others in the canteen, she wasn't really looking forward to seeing Paul or Jared, not after witnessing what they did, or Embry. Still rather embarrassed about knocking him to the ground like a bowling pin and staring at him during Chemistry.

With a yawn, Callas trudged her way towards the doors of the school, shrugging her flight jacket off as she walked into the canteen. The boys were at their, seemingly territorialised, table in the canteen, near the back, directly in the centre of the back wall. Surprisingly, Quil was the one who got up and met her halfway across the canteen. Not that she expected any of them to do so. She hadn't had the time to talk to him personally, but he seemed to be one of the nicest members of the russet-coloured group of boys. She offered him a smile as he shoved his hands into his pockets of his trousers walking along with her slowly. Callas was more than confused about that.

"Hey, Quil, uh, you alright?" She chuckled nervously.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I'm good. I just wanted to apologise for the other day on behalf of Jared and Paul. Jared is kinda scared to apologise himself, and Paul is just a stubborn hothead who refuses to believe he's done anything wrong."

"So, you're the messenger?" He nodded awkwardly. "I half forgive them then."

"Half?"

"I don't understand why Jared didn't make the effort to apologise himself, and to Henry for that matter. He wasn't rude to me, he was rude to Henry. Secondly, Paul did do something wrong."

"Still not seeing why you're only half-forgiving them." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Leverage." She glanced at him.

"For?"

"A later date. It won't involve you, so you're safe from me," she told him as they sat down together. She was sat in between Embry and Quil again, just like Tuesday.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorned." A boy, who Callas wasn't introduced to yet, shook his head with a grin.

"Uh..." Callas looked at Quil with an eyebrow raised.

"Seth," Jacob spoke up as he bit into an apple.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Callas smiled at him.

"What?" Seth raised an eyebrow, looking at the others.

"Jared said that you and your sister, Leah, if I recalled correctly, were sick. You got better quickly. But that's a good thing." She smiled once more.

"Oh, yeah, I was." He nodded, awkwardly holding his right hand out in front of Quil to her. Callas shook his hand. "Leah is still feeling down, though." They let go of each other's hand.

"Tell her I said that I hope she gets better soon, it would be nice to not be the only one from the intelligent gender sitting on this table." She grinned.

"Ha, ha," Seth replied sarcastically.

"Seth is a little bit younger than all of us," Jacob informed her. "Go easy on him." He smiled as he bit into the apple again.

"I have to show who's alpha, though, Jake. Being the only girl at this table is tough work." The other boys stifled a laugh at her words.

"The, uh, the alpha?" Jacob tried hiding his grin.