47| IMPART

Reed mentioned to Callas that they should probably go back inside, to keep the others from waiting awkwardly. Reluctantly, she nodded and followed him back into the warm house. Zeus made his way over to the sofa, sitting on Seth's lap—who really didn't seem to mind—as Callas followed and sat next to him. Reed squeezed in between Callas and Jacob. Sam watched silently, waiting to know when an appropriate time to continue would be. She knew there was never an appropriate time to take in all of the information, but she needed to hear it. Not just for her safety, but for her sanity as well. No more secrets. She promised Reed. Which meant she would eventually tell him about the texts and messages Will had sent her, the note on her computer, and the link to the article, unless, of course, he already knew, because then in that case, there would be no more secrets. At least, ones that she knew about. Reed nodded his head to Sam, who nodded back. Emily had smiled softly at Callas and Reed while Seth nudged her arm. Zeus noticed and opened his mouth before closing it, staring at Seth, still unsure of what to make of him, even though he enjoyed being around him.

"You okay?" Seth asked her quietly, despite knowing everyone could hear.

"I'm... getting there." She nodded, offering him a kind smile.

Seth nodded back, turning to look at Sam, who spoke once more, "Is it okay if I continue?"

"Yeah." Callas sat back, looking over to him.

"Right. Well, after one phases, to become human again, the shape-shifter needs to calm down and concentrate on phasing back into human form." Sam glanced over to Jacob. "Jacob seems to find phasing between wolf and human form more swiftly than most."

"Why?"

Jacob spoke up before Sam could, and she could hear the smirk in his tone as he seemed to gloat, "I'm the grandson of Ephraim Black, a tribal chief, a natural born alpha."

Sam rolled his eyes at how smug Jacob sounded. "Generally, it takes practice for a shape-shifter to learn how to phase back and forth. However, he seems to have a better control over it than most." Sam motioned his head at Jacob while looking at Callas. "Reed isn't that bad either, he's better than some of the others."

"So, he's fast? At learning?"

"We're all fast." Paul sat forward.

"Faster than vampires," Jared piped up as well.

"Because you're quadruped animals?" Callas looked between the two of them.

"Sure?" Jared raised an eyebrow.

"And vampires are only bipedal."

"Sure?"

"You have four feet they have two," she rephrased for him as he looked at her blankly.

"I knew that."

"Well, you looked lost."

Jared faked a smile as he sat back, along with Paul. "So do you."

"At least I have a reason to."

Reed shook his head at the two of them while Sam cleared his throat again. "We reach great speeds, more than one-hundred miles per hour, which allows us to outrun motor vehicles."

Jacob chuckled and spoke up again, "It's better and faster than a motorcycle, it's the best part about being a wolf."

"Vampires are also very similar in their speed. A fast wolf can outrun an average vampire and, conversely, a fast vampire can outrun an average wolf." Sam ignored Jacob again.