53| INTAKE

As soon as Reed pulled up in front of Emily's, Seth started to climb over the back of the chair, kicking Callas, accidentally, in the head as he did, wanting to get out of the Jeep and to the food that Emily had cooked before any of the others took all of it. With a small laugh, rubbing her head, she followed Seth out of the Jeep, pulling the chair forward for Jacob as he, more gracefully, got out of the Jeep. Reed pushed the chair back as Callas closed the door, he got out and locked the Jeep before he made his way around to Callas, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, dragging her close to him as he walked up the steps and into the warmth of Emily's place. Zeus got up from the sofa and brushed passed Jared and Quil to get to Callas. He jumped up at her and barked loudly, rubbing his face against her jumper. Paul, from the kitchen counter, picked up his collar and lead and shook them, holding them out to Callas. Zeus got off her and walked to the door, sitting down with his tail wagging. She took the collar and lead from Paul and walked over to Zeus, putting his collar on. Callas held the lead still, telling him to wait for her to have breakfast first.

     "He refused to let any of us walk him. He even bit Paul," Emily told her as she brought out a tray of muffins from the oven, placing them on the side before she took off her oven mitts. "There's coffee in the pot," she told Reed before turning to Callas, "I also saved you some breakfast, I'll heat it up for you." She smiled.

     "Thanks, Emily," she replied quietly as Reed walked over to the cupboard and took out two cups.

     "So, did you get everything sorted?" Emily asked.

     Jacob nodded. "Yeah, we worked things over with the Cullens. Cal even had a visitor." He smirked.

     "Knock it off, Jake," she muttered, hating how much he enjoyed getting under her skin about it.

     He laughed to himself, smirking. "I wasn't the one who told him to go up there." He raised his hands in surrender. "Looks like that boy just can't stand to be away from you."

     From the kitchen, Reed slammed the coffee cups down on the counter, and if he had used any more of his supernatural force, she was sure that they would have shattered. He then, roughly, took the coffee pot out before he poured it into the cups, jamming it back in its place on the counter—without much of a second thought of it being extremely hot. Even for someone who could heal incredibly fast, he could still be burned. While he did that, Callas slowly sat down at the table. Reed held the counter with both hands, breathing deeply, with his head facing the wall, his eyes glaring at the tiles before he turned his head to the side, obviously towards Jacob. Callas wasn't sure what his problem was recently, but he seemed to be more aggressive, more hostile, and a lot more explosive. Whatever his problem was, whatever issue he seemed to have with Embry, she hoped that he would be able to work through it. Or at least hide his feelings better than he was.

     "She said knock it off, Jake," he spoke through gritted teeth, "and I agree."

     Jacob opened his mouth. "Like I said, I wasn't the one who told him to go up there. Don't start with me. This is between you and him."

     "You're worming your way into it, Black. If I was you, which I'm kinda glad I'm not, I would know when to stop."

     "Reed," Callas warned, watching as he turned his head more to look at her, and she shook her head.

     He scoffed, turning back to the two cups. "Right."

     Emily cleared her throat, placing a plate down in front of Callas, slapping Jared's hand away as he went to take a piece of bacon that was on the plate. "That is for Callas, not you, greedy."