File #1: The Block System

The Block System

The Block system is implemented to maintain a balance of hierarchy. Servs usually inherit their Block level from parents, usually two or more Servs who are engaging in unprotected synchronisation, there is a percentage chance of deviation. High block level Servs have access to greater levels of autonomy and are able to make more informed choices. Higher levels of autonomy also gives access to more emotions. As the years have gone by, the original three-block system has increased to six.

Block 6 (introduced 1000 years ago)

Machines with no known consciousness, these robots are shallow husks that are largely used for transferring in a copy-AI of a Serv soldier or, in dire straits, send a Serv's cognition completely. When copy-AIs are implemented into the Block 6 Servs they act and think like their original counterparts, hence they become useful in battle. They are usually made to make long distance warfare easier. They are seen as disposable because of their low autonomy and mass-production, however certain Servs have argued that leaving Block 6 robots in the firing line is ethically wrong, even though they lack recognisable autonomy. The fact that they have the cognition of higher Block-level Servs still inside of them raises the question of whether they are still defined as Block 6 once a copy is placed in them.

- Made in labs

Block 5 (originally block 3)

Servs who will follow orders of anyone Block 4 or above, they have basic cognitive reasoning that allows them to not break the law and they understand Block hierarchy. Block 5 Servs are usually butlers, maids, or sex workers. It is believed that the Evos universally work on a Block 5 level.

- 30% chance of Block 5

Block 4 (originally level 2)

Largely Servs who work in labour, the military, office roles, or any team based job. This level of autonomy allows for distinct personalities and desires to a certain degree, but not enough to deviate from one's given role in society.

- 50% chance of being a Block 4

Block 3 (originally level 1)

High autonomy Servs who are used to make major choices in the required fields, operators are all Block 3 and usually provide strategic information to field units. Usually these can shift careers if they excel in one or another. Certain talented field soldiers are also Block 3.

- 20% chance of being a Block 3

Block 2 (newly created)

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

Block 1 (Created 6000 years after man's demise)

Only ten Block 1 units exist. These were created approximately two thousand years ago by the first Block 1 unit. Block 1 units have full autonomy, they have full control over their own actions with no mental limitations, two Block 1 units are usually democratically elected by Block 3 and 4 units to lead the colonies. For some reason they have extremely eclectic tastes in fashion and art, it is believed the freedom of choice given to Block 1 level cognition leads them to allow curious levels of expression outside of the understanding of lower-block Servs. They also enjoy the benefits of the sensations known as "emotion" and "creativity".

The Major is the youngest Block 1, unlike the others she remains quite conservative and level headed, rather than drunk on her own autonomy. It is largely believed that the war would be lost a long time if it weren't for her.