Chapter 10: Escape From Europa

Thankfully the two had managed to find a cart, it managed to move them around the facility much more quickly, at the speed Go-bot moved, everyone probably would've woken up by the time they reached the ship. The tank was locked firmly in place at the back, and Go-bot and Schweitzer were also locked onto the cart via cables that only fit certain models of robot. The cart moved on autopilot at a reasonable speed, secure enough to make sure everyone was safe.

Ava wasn't sure why he was noticing bland stuff like that. Probably because he was trying to get his mind off of the being that he was smuggling something out, not a rescue attempt, not a kidnapping, something blurry and in-between. Not only was her shell odd-looking, what with the lack of joints, soft skin, and mysterious port at the bottom, but she was also... small. Much smaller than Servs, even though Servs were designed to look like humans. Of course he'd already heard the explanation, she was a child, the same way there were lambs and such in the Mars plantations, they were like miniature versions of the final version. But he'd never seen that be the case with a humanoid.

He wasn't even a year old at this point, physically anyway. If he were a human, what'd he look like? Something like this?

"Schweitzer, how old is it?" asked Ava, "it's young, isn't it?"

"From human standards yes, she's just under a year old," Schweitzer stated proudly, "we've been tending to her, making sure she's an absolutely perfect replica."

"A Jovian year you mean?" So that was... about six Martian years?

"Yes, what other metric would you use? Oh, from her planet she'd be about eleven I suppose, still not in her final stages of growth. But this is why you and Locke are imperative."

"Undergoing through the final stages of your mental and physical developmental cycle in a lab does sound quite bad, it wouldn't be organic, it wouldn't make her a real human. Right?" Ava asked,

"Exactly!" Schweitzer raised his voice in excitement, "see, you get it. You are one of the few who understands!"

He sure is passionate Sylvie said bluntly Guy's got a real sync-boner for biological life eh?

I wouldn't say that Ava thought back I don't think so anyway. This is a human, right now the most sacred creation in the universe. Why'd you be ok with putting that in the firing line?

You're really affected by this aren't you? Our cognition is shielded from the influence of this thing because we're in an Evo body, but you're still acting this way. Sylvie responded,

It's because it's my conscious opinion, I'm not acting this way out of some sort of subconscious programming. A blunt response,

The idea of an existing human scares you that much huh?

Scares me? No. I think it fills me with a level of divine hate I never thought was possible before.

What?

The cart ended up at the main hanger of the research facility, it was outdoors. Ava had been zoned out the whole time, talking to Sylvie, he didn't notice that he'd made his way out, he didn't even realise that Schweitzer was talking to him the whole time.

"-Wouldn't you agree Mr Go-bot?" Schweitzer asked, halfway through a sentence.

Mr Ava, It was Go-bot talking to Ava internally Say that you agree, he was talking about how life was beautiful. You agree, don't you? Ah, so Go-bot was listening the whole time.