Chapter 72: The Ruins

Everyone looked at Aphrodite with a confused look on their faces, The Major most of all,

"What are you talking about? You mean Earth as in the planet where humans originated?" she asked,

"Yes, every continent is how it looks in the historical records. I read up on my ancestors a lot when I lived in the sanctuary, so I know. I know about the flora and fauna, about the history of man, the artists, the poets, my knowledge of my heritage is super detailed. And I'm telling, that is definitely Earth."

"But our records say that the humans came from the third planet in the solar system. And there are remnants of an ancient society on there too. Why would Earth be here in the first place? And how?" the Major continued,

"You're right about that, it was definitely the third planet in our solar system. Uh, do any of you guys have a map of that by any chance?" asked Aphrodite.

Ava nodded and used the touch screen of the nearest computer to navigate around the browsers and files. Eventually, he found the Serv data files on known planets in the solar system. He searched for the third planet and touched the picture, expanding it to full screen.

It was a perfectly spherical rock covered in ice. It had countless impact craters, created most likely from the known belt of rocks that surrounded the planet. There were oceans, but they were more spaced out, and there was a dense blue haze surrounding the atmosphere. It looked dead and somewhat creepy. There were statistics on the top right of the screen displaying the planet's size, density, and estimated composition. None of those stats sounded matched what Aphrodite knew about Earth.

She stared at it blankly,

"I have no idea what planet that is, but it sure as hell isn't Earth." and frowned, "What the hell is that? There's no record of anything like that in our solar system according to ancient human records."

"Well, a planet can't appear out of nowhere, and there's evidence of another civilisation living there in ancient times. We know that mother sense some of her own Evos there for research too." said the Major, her arms crossed,

"And it's not like you can just move a whole planet from one place to another..." Sylvie added.

"Maybe you can't." Aphrodite frowned. "But who knows what humans were capable of."

There was a moment of pondering amongst the group as they thought about how advanced such a race could possibly be, and how they could have gone extinct in such an abrupt manner if their levels of technology truly were enough to move and create planets.

If they really did somehow cause all this planetary chaos to happen, the question was, why?

"Listen, we need to land." said the Major, "enough wasting fuel. Just pick a suitable planet Ava."

"But this planet is huge!" said Ava, "I've got no idea-"

"Here," said Aphrodite, she touched the screen and opened up the live feed of the planet's surface. She pointed at an island, "Japan."

"Why there?" Asked Sylvie,

"There were three areas on Earth that excelled in technology. Japan, America, and Russia. I'm guessing that Mother would live somewhere with access to high levels of tech. And look, this city looks more developed than these others ones," she zoomed into one of the cities in Japan and then compared it to several others. "I mean, apart from that meadow, this one city is almost all synthetic!" she chuckled, "besides, didn't you know? Serv-type robots were all created in Japan, your body types are based on the Japanese. That's why you guys look different from me, I'm caucasian."