Chapter 67: The Sylvie Imposter

The Major noticed her lance on the floor and quickly picked it up, instantly pointing it at Sylvie.

The air was tense, just a moment ago everyone was stood in the ship, watching over the Major as she recovered from the virus. But now, complete fear, the Major had turned her sword against the group again. She'd called Sylvie an imposter, but why?

Sylvie stepped back, her face was distraught and terrified, having the weapon pointed at you by someone like the Major was something worth crying about.

"Major, what do you mean an imposter?!" Ava exclaimed, "Sh-she's been with us for all this time and she hasn't seemed-"

"You don't know Ava. You don't know the full story. Your Sylvie is on Mars right now." said the Major, straight faced.

"My Sylvie?"

"I-I'm not an imposter!" exclaimed Sylvie, her eyes were scrunched up, she was trembling.

"Does that look like a Serv soldier to you?" she looks like she's about to collapse.

"She's got memory loss... She's lost a lot of her training, probably." Ava muttered,

"No." The Major glared at Sylvie, "open your eyes. Look at me straight in the face."

Sylvie didn't move.

"I said look at me." the Major continued, "don't make me say it again."

Sylvie reluctantly opened her eyes

"Which one are you?" asked the Major, "Which model?"

"Which model?" asked Sylvie,

"Model-9, right? You're the only one not confirmed dead."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sylvie whimpered,

"The other 8 were destroyed, but you escaped Europa when you failed your mission. We lost track of you."

"I-" Sylvie paused, "what?"

"Wait." Ava interrupted, "What are you saying? That there are multiple Sylvies?" of course there were, there were multiple Ava models, so why wouldn't there be multiple Sylvie models? They did that with Block-2s, they made duplicates for long range missions.

Why didn't he realise? Sylvie was a Block-2 so of course she'd have other versions! He automatically assumed that she was suffering memory loss but-

"She's just been knocked out for the past few years." said the Major, "looks like she's confused. But-" she kept her lance pointed at Sylvie, "Sylvie-9, what are you doing here? How are you still alive?"

"I-I-" Sylvie stammered,

"It was Mother wasn't it? Mother kept you alive!" the Major grit her teeth,

"Hey!" Aphrodite jumped into the fray, she ran in and stood between the Major and Slvie, her arms held open, she shielded Sylvie from the lance. "Who the hell do you think you are!? If it weren't for Sylvie you wouldn't be here! She risked her life to save you!"

The Major looked Aphrodite dead in the eyes. Time stopped.

She lowered her lance,

"You're Aphrodite. The human." she said,

"Yeah, that's right. I am." Aphrodite replied, "Sylvie's my friend, I'm not gonna let you hurt her."

Ava watched the two as they had their standstill.

Did the Major lower her lance because Aphrodite was a human?

"Honestly Major, I-I didn't know. I didn't consider that the Sylvie you all were talking about was different from me." Sylvie cried, "I thought I lost my memory when I crash landed on the scrapyard. But it looks like I didn't have any memories to begin with..."