Chapter 60: The Curse of the Network

The mysterious Serv raised his arms to block a stray chair that was thrown straight to his face, he then grabbed one himself and rushed towards his assailant.

Again and again and again, the hit each other, and the fight continued.

Eventually Zane ran up to the two and tried breaking them both up, it seemed he cared more about his business than he did his own health.

"Stop! Stop please! The both of you!" he yelled, however the moment he grabbed the larger Serv's arm, he was instantly thrown off. Sylvie broke character with realising and rushed towards him and in effort to catch him before he landed on something unsavoury.

"Sylvie?" Zane asked,

"My apologies. It seemed my old programming activated." her fallback cover story, that she used to be a Block-3 military unit that got downgraded. Every time she'd break character she'd blame it on that, say that some of her Block-3 programming was still swimming around in her.

Was she willing to push that lie far enough to jump into the fight though?

Sylvie glared at the Block-5, she still couldn't get it through her head, how an emotionless doll body of a robot could possibly be this emotional. She furrowed her eyebrows during this conundrum, and it was during this one moment when the Block-5 managed to catch her in his eye.

He glanced at her for a split second and lost his focus. And that alone was enough to give the larger Serv an opening.

The Block-5 got smashed on the side of the head and was sent flying. He lay on the ground dizzy, holding his head. The larger approached him, his fist raised. He aimed downwards, ready to throw the final punch. And then he did, a punch with a thunderous force that only a military Serv could manage.

BANG

The impact made the whole diner shake. But the Block-5 was safe.

Sylvie had grabbed the larger Serv's fist. She'd dashed in last moment and caught the punch.

Steam was emanating from the two.

"You're causing a mess. Please leave our diner." she muttered. She probably wasn't going to get away with it, but she tried to maintain her Block-4 persona. She released the large Serv's fist. She tried to suspend herself from glaring at the Serv as he pulled his fist back and stood like normal.

"Ha... ha ha ha." she larger Serv started to laugh "HA HA HA HA" his laugh got louder and louder, "So they've got one of you bastards working here now huh? Jeez, you freaks really are everywhere!" he exclaimed,

"...Sorry?" Sylvie had no idea what he was talking about. A freak? Her? How dare he! She clenched his fist for a moment but then remembered that it'd probably be a good idea not to start a fight herself.

The larger Serv got his wallet out and pulled out a wad of cash.

"Here," he said as he slammed it on one of the nearby tables, one of the ones that weren't demolished anyway. "For the repairs."

And with that. He walked off.

An awkward silence, the people in the diner, and Zane, didn't know what to say.

"Hey." the mysterious Block-5 said. He got up. "You, the waitress."

"...Yes?" Sylvie turned and faced the abrasive young Serv. She was frustrated that he'd approached her in such a rude manner. She'd just saved him after all.

"Come with me. We're going to talk outside."

You're a pretty rude bastard you know that? "I'm afraid I'm still working. I need to tidy up this mess" that you made.