File #13: Serv Weaponry pt. 1

Weapons: Standard Baton

The standard baton is a weapon given to all non-specialist Serv combat units. The main function of the baton is to immobilise and stun opponents.

The baton is a concealed weapon that is embedded in the thigh of the standard Serv Army unit Block-3 body. It is eight inches in length and three inches in diameter.

The baton can extend to twenty-six inches, with the last three segments arranged to be serrated blades.

The weapon has a special feature that aids in instantly immobilising Evo units. Upon piercing the victim's shell, pressing a trigger on the handle can cause an electrical charge to pass through the weapon, that charge itself carries a virus that instantly homes in on the processing unit of the victim and disables it internally.

Some versions of this baton have the capacity to transfer a virus that is more lethal, however this variation is made in limited quantities and is reserved for the use of Block-2 units.

Weapons: Ceremonial lance

The ceremonial lance is a weapon discovered in the ruins of the Southern Crater, where many human artefacts have been known to rest. Our suspicion is that this weapon was never intended for practical use, and was instead, used during religious ceremonies or perhaps historic rituals.

The Block-1 unit known as The Major took it upon herself to replicate the ceremonial lance. Her reasoning being that standard weaponry make most missions too easy and hence using a weapon that requires unnatural skill to be effective would be more motivating for her during combat.

The Major's replica of the ceremonial lance is shaped like two extremely large swords attached together at both ends, however the sword at the back is somewhat smaller hence making the weapon heavier in the front. Similarly, the shapes of the blades have an impractical curvature that makes the weapon only effective when spinning, rather than piercing.

The blades both carry a huge electrical change that is visible to the naked eye, with the consideration of the weapon being 70% blade, it means that making any error in using the weapon will lead to the user's instant death.

The weapon, despite being hard to wield, has a cutting power that can slice through steel like paper.

No-one who has faced the Major when she's wielded the lance has survived.

The official death count of the ceremonial lance is 2,435,236.