His Sister, Closer Than She Thought.

I stood there for a few moments trying to get my head straight. Why were their names important? Why were they circled? What did this list mean? I slowly placed the paper down on the table where I had got them from and glanced over at the book that was laying beside them.

It looked very old, the binding was falling apart and the lettering was fading. I could barely make out the title, Demons: The Unknown Truth,

"What an odd title," I muttered. Why was there a book about demons in the center of stacks of paper that seemingly had nothing to do with it? I flipped the book open to a random page and started reading.

A Faustian contract is a bargain between a human and a demon. In order to create Faustian contract, a human has to summon a demon. However, it seems that they do not need to be aware of the existence of demons, attempt to summon a specific demon, or even summon one intentionally.

There are two main purposes for these contracts. For a demon, the human soul that they consume once their contract is finished. For a human, a contract is usually created in order to gain revenge or fulfill something that is difficult to accomplish on their own.

A human needs to have a lack of faith in God, and be desperately searching for a way out in order for a demon to successfully be summoned. If the human then decides that he or she does not want to continue with the contract, they can dismiss the demon.

I could already notice that this book was a weird one. It didn't surprise me, it was Undertakers after all, he had some pretty weird stuff. Starting from where I left off, I began to read more about these so called 'Faustian contracts.'

Once the contract forms, the human bears a mark in ambiguous or noticeable places. Normally it is placed in the right eye on a human and the left hand of a demon. The mark is a 'scar' the demon leaves so that they won't lose the person he or she contracted with. No matter where, the contract has the authoritative power and the demon is able to detect where the human is. This way the human can never escape the demon once the contract is set.

The human has the choice as to where the seal resides upon them. The more visible the place where the seal is, the stronger its power.

If the humans wish is not yet fulfilled, the usual practice for the demons are to serve under the human for as long as it takes and to perform supplementary orders. Most demons serve as butlers in their masters household. They are to be the humans' power and to protect the humans for the sake of their demons' axiom.

Their principles basically state that they must follow and obey the orders their 'master', the human that they made the contract with, gives, as long as the contract is still in effect.

Once the contract is completed, that is the humans wish is accomplished by his or her demon, the humans soul is eaten by the demon and the human dies.

I stopped reading. For some reason, the last line made my blood run cold and a shiver run down my spine. I had only read about two pages, but my mind was already filled with crazy thoughts. Ciel's right eye was damaged when he was missing after the fire, he wore an eye patch now. Could it be possible that he had made a deal with the devil? If he had did that mean that Sebastian was a demon, since he had mysteriously appeared when Ciel had come back. I wanted to put the book down and stop reading, bury it under ground where I would never see it again, but something told me that I couldn't.

It was then that I shook my head violently, what a stupid notion. Sebastian was not a demon and Ciel would never make a deal with one.

"Ahhhh, Jayne dear. Are you here to look for my files?" I heard Undertaker ask before he cackled.