His Sister, Stunned.

I laid in my bed staring up at the ceiling, just thinking.

It was interesting how just yesterday I thought my world was going to fall apart, and it almost did. I thought that the information I had, that Sebastian was a demon, would cause me to lose my mind. I almost laughed at the thought, but laughing isn't really what I do nowadays.

I figured that if I stayed away from the butler that nothing bad could happen, and I was right. I hadn't had any contact with the butler since the night I had found out. I wouldn't make eye contact or even be in the same room as him for an elongated period of time. The only thing wrong with this was that I didn't get to see much of my brother. I didn't know what was going on, or even have a chance to ask him how his investigation was going.

It hurt that because of Sebastian, I was growing farther away from my only brother.

Ciel should be in bed by now, and I was certain that Sebastian wouldn't be in his room anymore. It was already late into the night. I wasn't even sure if Ciel was awake or not, but I needed to see him. I needed to make sure that he didn't think that I was avoiding him, just his butler.

I slipped out of my warm bed and made my way out the door and down the hallway to where I knew my brothers room was.

"Ciel," I knocked on the door, "Are you still up?"

"Yes,"

I instantly opened his door and walked over to his bed where he was lying on his side and sat down next to him, taking his head and putting it in my lap.

"Why have you been avoiding me, Jayne?" He asked me as I started to stroke his hair like mother did when he was younger, and she was still alive.

"I haven't been avoiding you," Just your butler. I wanted to add,

"Yes, you have. I've hardly seen you, ever since the Viscount's party you've been locked up inside your room. What's going on?!" He demanded sitting up and staring into my eyes. He looked so grown up it was almost frightening, the determination in his eye.

"I- well," I swallowed thickly, what if he didn't want me to know about Sebastian? What if he got mad that I knew? I just couldn't bare him being mad at me, I had just gotten him back into my life, I didn't want him to leave it again.

"I found out something that night that I found unnerving," I took a deep breath before continuing, this was it. "Ciel, I know that Se-"

I was cut off by a knock on the bedroom door followed by it being opened by the demon himself. It took all my will power not to run out of the room and back to my own.

"Well then?" Ciel turned to Sebastian, completely forgetting about what I was going to tell him. My eyes were glued to Ciel's sheets, but I could hear Sebastian looking thought some kind of papers.

"No matter how I look at it, the result is still the same."

"Yesterday's murder, the Viscount didn't do it." My head shot up and I instantly regretted doing so, since my eyes came in contact with the burgundy ones of Sebastian.

"What?! What do you mean he didn't do it?" I practically shouted as I forced my eyes to look somewhere else.

"Jack the Ripper struck again while we were at the party, there was no way that he could have done it. The only thing he's guilty of is running a black market." Ciel said coolly still not looking at me.

"Exactly, none of the people in his mansion have done it either," Sebastian went on,

I decided that it was probably best that I kept quiet while they were talking.