Chapter 2:"You will live an incomplete life."

As an unknown woman rode into Kattegat on a cold night. As she rode in, her hood up and shivering a child in her arm. As she unmounted the horse with the child in her arms she shivered leading her horse to a post before entering into the hut with the wise one resided. The woman was a gaunt girl, in slave rags but she held an air of Royalty to her as she weeping child cried loudly in her arms. When the young brunette made it into the hut she saw the seer turn to her sitting down as she sat down herself near the fire as the child let out a loud wail. "Hush hush little Hillevi." The gaunt girl whispered as her child silenced.

"What do you want to ask of the Gods?" The seer asked no kindness in his voice.

"I came to ask of my child's future, she is quite sick and I do not know if she will make it. Do you know what the Gods have in store for her?" the young woman asked her brown eyes gazing pleadingly to the seer who took the child in his own arms looking down at the squirming child who appeared to be around four years old.

"The Gods...it is not clear yet, but much greatness and carnage awaits the fallen warrior who will strike fear when the heart rears its ugly head." The seer spoke confusing the woman as she then turned to the seer drawing in a deep breath.

"Do they say what the world has in store for me?" The woman asked.

"You will live an incomplete life, for you were born with an incomplete heart, a life full of almost's yet the only complete in your life will be your daughter and your legacy." The seer shared with her and the woman stepped forward as if she had something else to say but the child was held back to her. "The Gods to not believe it wise to tell you any more than this. Your child will live, and so will you until the day she establishes her greatness or her carnage. Please leave Eerika." The seer turned away meekly. Eerika the woman nodded picking her child up and walking outside noticing the rain and making her way to her horse. As she did so a man reached out grasping Eerika's arm and she put her child down and grabbed her knife holding it to the man's throat with ferocity in her eyes as her child hid under the horse.

"Please forgive me. I only walked up to you since I see you look hungry. If I may offer you a meal for you and your child. How long has it been since you both have eaten?" The odd English man asked and Eerika let go of him putting her knife away.

"Too long, who are you to offer such kindness?" Eerika asked picking up her daughter.

"A friend of Ragnar Lothbrok, I live with him. And I believe that I do not wish for your child to die in the cold hard weather." The man pointed out.

"I am Eerika" She introduced herself holding her child close as the man directed her towards the hall.

"Athelstan, and who is this young girl?" He asked with a small smile.

"Hillevi, my daughter." Eerika informed him as they entered the hall.

"You look quite young." Athelstan commented before he looked at Eerika alarmed as if he offended her. She put her daughter down and the little girl ran up to the fire trying to heat herself up.

"It was not my choice if I had them or not." Eerika shared with the man before her who almost looked at her with pity. "But I love her more than anything." Eerika replied watching the young girl. A man then walked into the room with children following him.

"Who is this Athelstan?" The man asked gazing over the young girl.

"Eerika, she is a traveller with her child, I did not want the young girl to get sick so I invited her in to stay with us." Athelstan explained and Ragnar nodded walking forward holding his hand out to Eerika.