Chapter 16: "Seems we are not as different as I once believed."

Sailing on the boats, Eerika felt free from the ties that bound her to her feelings. That was what she always loved about the sea. You were free. Free to escape whenever you desired. But as she sat on this boat, with her old friends she wondered why she even considered leaving in the first place. Her brown eyes gazed into the horizon as she sat near Floki all the while Bjorn was reading his map, it seemed he would marry at this point. They sailed close to Frankia at this point. They had to, it was what they had to sail by to get to the Mediterranean. "Frankia." Bjorn muttered and Eerika glanced at the land beside them, she remembered what had happened here. It seemed even after all these years, they still couldn't let it be over. Paris haunted them all.

"Are you going to try and contact uncle Rollo?" Hvitserk drawled out curiously as he held onto the rope, careful not to fall overboard. A smirk twisted onto Eerika's lips as he mentioned the man who betrayed his own kind, the man she couldn't bring herself to kill. Bjorn glanced over at Floki and Helga who shared his stern look, Hvitserk only looked between them wondering if he had said something wrong. No one answered.

"I believe that would be a yes young Hvitserk." Eerika answered before anyone else as they sailed closer to the shore and Frankia boats sailed closer to them from the distance. Eerika got her weapons ready as they drew closer and Bjorn sighed leaning close to her. She remembered thinking these lands had a touch of destiny to them. She was right. She could still feel it in her bones.

"You will come with us yes?" Bjorn asked as Eerika leaned against Bjorn's body with an amused smile.

"Would it please you if I said yes? I know you don't want to face Rollo; you do know he won't be welcoming us with open arms." Eerika pointed out as the boats came closer to take them to Rollo. Once they had made it closer, bells began to sing through the air and Eerika laughed standing on the edge, her leather clad hands gripping the ropes as the looked to the close. Once they had made it back into the castle like place, she walked beside Hvitserk and Floki as they were taken to Rollo. Eerika waited in anticipation, wondering if Rollo was haunted by what he did, just as much as they were. As they walked in Eerika's cold gazing eyes glanced around noticing the men with spears ready to attack at the sign of a threat while Rollo, the princess and their children stood before them.

"You see how well treachery pays off Bjorn?" Floki almost snarled as Eerika paused her walking and rolled her eyes glancing at Floki.

"Are you considering it now Floki? It looks quite comfortable here." Eerika drawled out amused as Floki's eyes widened at her.

"You insult me." Floki dramatically exclaimed. Bjorn just glanced over at them shaking his head at the two Vikings. Floki and Eerika got on well considering their different ideals, Bjorn had noticed. Floki was an true Viking, while Eerika had herself open to acceptance excluding their faith in the Gods.

"Shut up and don't do anything stupid Floki." Bjorn spat as they came to a half with the spears crossed in front of them, stopping them from walking any closer to Rollo who sat up on his chair.

"I've never done anything stupid in my life." Floki muttered with a frown as Eerika scoffed.

"Are we supposed to believe that?" Eerika challenged.

"Yes you are. I will have you know I am contemplating that dying would be better than dealing with this scum." Floki snarled his eyes gazing up at Rollo as he stood up his eyes wide open and Eerika almost laughed as she saw him in a dress of some sort. Rollo then began greeting everyone in French and his eyes lingered slowly on Eerika with a frown as he was brought back to the past. Eerika seemed to notice as her breath hitched for a moment before she turned her gaze away from him as he stepped forward.