Chapter 5:"there seems to be a touch of destiny here"

They sailed off early in the morning to Frankia, Paris. Once they had made it within seeing view Eerika's heart left her chest as she grinned with excitement upon seeing the tall building. Eerika turned to Bjorn with a small smirk. "You ready Bjorn?" Eerika asked letting her hand graze her sword.

"Of course I am ready." Bjorn scoffed keeping his eye on Frankia, Paris.

"Who will you fight for?" Eerika asked with a small smile knowing what she wanted to hear.

"I will fight for my mother and father, my wife who I love and my daughter who I also love." Bjorn confessed and Eerika nodded in understanding.

"I expected so. I too fight for my daughter. But never anyone else. I hope she does not hate me for leaving, I know this is my destiny but I am also a mother." Eerika shared.

"Evert child loves their mother. It is foolish to think otherwise." Bjorn pointed out and Eerika chuckled her lips curling up.

"You are ready." Lagertha shared with Eerika who looked back at her mentor shocked.

"I am grateful to have learned from you Lagertha." Eerika shared as they made their camp. Eerika got off the boat her body deep in water as she trudge up and began helping with setting up camp. Not long later Eerika was sharpening her axe when Bjorn walked up to her.

"I should apologise," Bjorn began but Eerika shook her head.

"How about no? I am not with child Bjorn. I am almost certain of it. But you are good to think of me." Eerika spoke with a small frown as Bjorn then reached out placing something in front of her. Eerika looked at it shocked taking it in her hand looking at the trinket with awe before looking at Bjorn stunned. A sweet smile formed on her lips as she took a deep breathe in.

"I hope so I love the mother of my child." Bjorn confessed as if he was telling a dark secret.

"And I love myself Bjorn. You are a good man Bjorn. But you do not need to treat me so kindly. You are my friend." Eerika pointed out nudging Bjorn lightly before turning and walking off. Eerika was sitting in the sun of Frankia when Rollo walked up to her handing her a cup and she smiled as he sat next to her.

"Enjoying yourself?" Rollo asked.

"I have decided I love Frankia, the warmth, the sun, the air, it seems fresher does it not?" Eerika asked with a giant smile.

"Yes, it seems different. But it is another land just like England." Rollo pointed out.

"I don't know, there seems to be a touch of destiny here." Eerika hummed closing her eyes as she brought the cup to her lips taking a sip.

"That seems a bit foolish." Rollo pointed out.

"Maybe but isn't fate always foolish?" Eerika laughed lightly. "Or are you just so glum you feel the need to put a wet rag on my burning fire of fun?" Eerika challenged him letting her throaty chuckle leave her lips.

"Always" Rollo went with her as the two lay in the sun calmly. The next day Eerika was standing in the crowd as men began to fight violently among themselves. And Eerika chuckled as Rollo stopped it and she followed the crowd walking with Rollo towards the boats. She paused seeing long sticks that were tower like and was impressed.

"Everything ready Floki?" Ragnar asked looking up at Floki basically dancing about.

"Yes, everything is ready." He rasped out with a grin of his own. "Tomorrow we attack Paris." He directed his hand towards the unsafe towers. Eerika laughed impressed with the work. That night they all stood on a hill their eyes on Paris, Eerika stood next to Rollo as Floki held his axe up. "Axe time, sword time, shields are splintered." And the men behind them began to cheer with him but the people on the hill remained quiet preparing themselves for battle. Once the battle day came Eerika began to ready herself remaining busy as she placed an axe in her holster and a long knife for her other weapon. She took the kohl and brushed it around her eyes as a smile appeared on her lips. She then heard a man call her name. Rushing to their side she stormed forward readying the boats with the people who had pointed. She smirked as she saw the berserkers cheering loudly. But soon they were off and Eerika smirked as she stood next to Bjorn holding her axe tightly in her hand.