Chapter 6:"He must pay for his actions."

Eerika was standing bare foot in front of her home watching as her daughter held an axe. She was teaching her how to become a warrior. A fighter so she would never feel victimised by the world. Hillevi was still too kind, too full of life and weakness. She saw the way she acted with her friends in Kattegat. She acted as if they were her family. Perhaps she admired that about her daughter but she needed to be stronger than that. Her daughter was weak with a sword but she made up for it with knives and axes. Her aim with an arrow was below average for her age. Eerika criticized everything her daughter did in learning how to become Viking. She heard her daughter flop to the ground rolling around in sand. "You will get up now." Eerika demanded.

"But I'm tired, I want to see my friends, can we go to Kattegat?" Hillevi asked and Eerika sighed knowing Bjorn was showing up today. Truthfully she had not seen him in a while. Not since he found out Thorunn had left.

"Of course, but we will train even more tonight. Do you not want to beat Hvitserk?" Eerika asked knowing the rivalry the two had and Hillevi giggled nodding. Eerika helped her daughter onto her own horse before getting on another and Hillevi grinned her blue eyes shimmering with excitement that reminded Eerika of how different her daughter looked compared to herself.

"I will race you mother." Hillevi called out dashing on her horse into the forest and Eerika raced after her. Once they arrived in Kattegat Hillevi ran ahead of her and once she ran into the hall she grinned walking forward and Bjorn noticed her and placed down Ubbe and Hvitserk and he ruffled Hillevi's hair.

"You look very grown up, do you still want to be Queen with Hvitserk as your slave?" Bjorn teased as Hillevi held her head up proudly.

"I will take him as a trophy." Hillevi commented with a smirk reminding him of the teasing Eerika had delivered.

"You are all so big. Queen Aslaug." Bjorn nodded to Aslaug as Hillevi sized Hvitserk up pushing him slightly with her elbow and Hvitserk whined pushing her back before Hillevi grabbed Hvitserk's hair and the two began fighting. Eerika walked into the room with a tired sigh watching the two children fight mercilessly with each other.

"Queen" Eerika nodded and Bjorn gave her a small smile before she knew Bjorn would talk with her later. Eerika watched as her daughter and Hvitserk fought. Bjorn walked up to her not so long later wrapping his arms around her lightly.

"It is good to see you." Bjorn muttered moving away slightly and Eerika nodded.

"It seems like quite a while." Eerika shared.

"Do the two always fight like that?" Bjorn asked and Eerika smiled sweetly towards her children as Ubbe tried to stop the two fighting.

"I think they like each other. But I am not sure." Eerika commented before her eyes turned up to meet Bjorn's. "How are you?"

"I am fine." He replied coldly as the things they took from Paris were brought into the room. Eerika chuckled as she watched Ubbe give Ivar a golden cup and smiled watching the two and she watched as Hillevi dug through the treasure and took out a jewelled cup and she turned to Hvitserk with a sneer.

"Want to trade?" Hillevi asked looking at the shiny necklace he had in his hands.

"No" Hvitserk shook his head with a frown.

"I want to trade. I don't want a stupid cup, I have many." Hillevi shrieked before jumping, tackling Hvitserk to the ground and Eerika laughed watching the two.

"So Paris was everything Athelstan said it would be?" Aslaug asked holding a necklace.

"Yes and everything Ragnar dreamed." Bjorn nodded with a smile on his face. Eerika walked out with Bjorn a smile on her face as he took something out of his hand handing it to her and she took it seeing it was a necklace made of silver with diamonds on it. "It would look nice on you." Bjorn shared and Eerika glanced up at him with a smirk before she handed it to Bjorn.