Chapter 23:"I will be the one to sever our connection of fate."

The horns sounded in the distance as Hillevi held on tightly to the rope listening to Bjorn muttering of how he did not love Torvi anymore. Once they made it to the docks Hillevi jumped down walking with Halfdan and Bjorn. A grin formed on Hillevi's face when she saw Einar and she ran up to him picking him up with a grin. "You have gotten so big. I have missed you brother." Hillevi muttered kissing the top of his head. She then placed him down as Bjorn threw his arms around Einar.

"My little piggy you have grown." Bjorn exclaimed before picking up his other son.

"Tell me have you been practicing how to fight?" Hillevi asked slapping his back as they walked together.

"Of course I have, soon I will be strong enough to beat even you in battle." Einar exclaimed boldly earning a musical like laughter to emit from Hillevi's lips.

"One can only hope you will be so lucky." Hillevi continued into the great hall where everyone cheered for their return. Einar then ran to Bjorn's side. Hillevi grew disheartened to have to share the news of Eerika's demise. "Ubbe" Hillevi exclaimed holding out her arms, watching as his handsome features distorted into a grin he threw his arms around her greeting her.

"Hillevi, it is good to see you have made it back." Ubbe cheered handing her a cup of ale as the two made their way to a table drinking together.

"You must tell me everything that has happened." Hillevi demanded as the two sat down taking a swig of the ale. "Is Hvitserk around?" Hillevi inquired glancing around.

"Ivar and me, we had a falling out, he took control of the Army and now he and Hvitserk have sided with King Harold and are currently plotting a war against us." Ubbe informed Hillevi who nodded slowly looking away from Ubbe momentarily.

"Well then we shall celebrate and drink and cherish these few moments we have before battle. Will you truly be able to fight against your brothers?" Hillevi inquired calmly taking a sip of ale followed quickly by Ubbe who drew in a deep breath looking to her intensely his blue eyes shining brightly.

"We all do what we have to do." Ubbe pointed out with a shrug before turning and looking towards Margrethe who walked over her eyes narrowing slightly before she leaned in kissing Ubbe possessively.

"How does it feel knowing your love is a traitor?" Margrethe quickly demanded her lips curling into an almost smirk as Hillevi remained passive.

"I never loved him, not as you implied. But Margrethe perhaps I should ask you, how does it feel knowing that the man you allowed yourself to be shared with is a traitor? Or perhaps you would gladly join him if he asked?" Hillevi bit back standing up her eyes narrowing dangerously at Margrethe before she turned walking away to go and feast, walking over to the table she slapped her hand on Halfdan's shoulder smirking as she took her seat beside him nodding to Lagertha who had undoubtedly heard the news from Bjorn.

"Tell me Halfdan what was the most amazing thing you saw on your travels?" Lagertha asked watching the hungry man eat.

"Nothing" He answered.

"Nothing?" Lagertha asked.

"They call is the desert it's just miles and miles of sand." Halfdan informed them as Hillevi laughed taking a swig of her ale noticing she'd finished and gladly poured some more in.

"It was uninhabitable. Nothing could grow there, not where we went anyway." Hillevi added a she reached over taking some bread in hand.

"What was the second most amazing thing you saw?" Lagertha persisted.