Chapter 19:"at least I go down fighting."

As Hillevi walked out of the cabin of the man she spent the night with. It was truly un-extraordinary. As she walked outside freezing cold and wished she had brought her fur coat as she held her arms close to her body and Ubbe walked past her glancing at two young girls, despite his engagement to Margrethe. "Hello Ubbe" Hillevi greeted him causing him to look at her surprised for a moment and then a smirk formed on his lips.

"Did you have a good night?" Ubbe asked referring to her rendezvous with the man last night. Hillevi chuckled loudly as she looped her arm with Ubbe.

"In the company of men that are not famous, or Royalty, I will always have a good time." Hillevi shared with him laughing lightly with Ubbe.

"Too bad, we could have had a lot of fun." Ubbe muttered against her ear making Hillevi smirk leaning closer to him as she looked up seeing Hvitserk and Margrethe kissing, all Hillevi could do was roll her eyes. "Jealous Hillevi?" Ubbe asked with a cheeky glint in his eyes.

"Of the woman who just loves to be shared? Not particularly." Hillevi commented watching the two break apart.

"See I think you are jealous." Ubbe commented with a grin.

"And you my good friend are wrong." Hillevi bit back with a smirk.

"Hvitserk" Ubbe called out and Hvitserk glanced over at the two a grin forming on his face as he slowly ran over to the two jumping over boxes.

"Brother, Hillevi." He grinned looking between the two. Hillevi chuckled noticing the tension brewing between the two. "People from Norway, Sweden and even Denmark, all to avenge Ragnar."

"Are you really surprised? The mans a legend among our people." Hillevi pointed out with a smile. Hvitserk glanced down at Hillevi a small chuckle leaving his lips.

"Maybe" He just shrugged.

"Ivar wants to lead the army." Ubbe informed the two sternly and Hillevi snapped her blue eyes up to meet Ubbe's gaze.

"Are you joking? He's too young, not experienced enough in war." Hillevi pointed out with a frown.

"He thinks our father chose him," Ubbe commented.

"It's not right, Bjorn should lead the army." Hvitserk pointed out.

"I agree, Bjorn should be leading." Ubbe nodded.

"Then it's settled." Hvitserk smiled about to walk away.

"What did you say to Margrethe?" Ubbe asked his jealousy showing as Hvitserk stopped and looked over at his brother.

"I uh, I told her that I always loved her. But I understood you had first claim to her." Hvitserk confessed and Hillevi glanced down feeling her heart clench up slightly as Hvitserk kept his gaze on Hillevi for a moment. Ubbe nodded with an arrogant smile as Hvitserk walked away.

"Not jealous huh?" Ubbe asked as the two walked off.

"Not jealous at all." Hillevi shared with a frown before she saw the man she had slept with walking their way.

"Hello Hillevi, who is your friend?" He grinned down at her and Hillevi paused glancing up at Ubbe.

"Ubbe," She informed him.

"A son of Ragnar? What are you two doing together?" He snapped his features turning violent and Hillevi frowned.

"We are old friends. We have to go." Hillevi brushed past him and Ubbe followed narrowing his eyes at the man.

"I don't like him." Ubbe growled out.

"It is not your problem is it? You have the slave." Hillevi reminded him.