Chapter 11:"Stay alive."

Eerika stood twisting her axe in her hand as she watched Ragnar talk to himself. Eerika glanced at Bjorn giving him a curt nod. "Stay alive." Eerika whispered and Bjorn nodded planting a kiss on her lips.

"You do the same." Bjorn said back as she held her axe up cheering and every man and woman followed soon after. She watched as Bjorn commanded the arrows and frowned as arrows flew past her Torvi then handed her the crossbow which she took shooting into a man as the Frank's boats came close and she grabbed her axe and sword ready for battle. She jumped over ready feeling hatred, addictive hatred burn at her lungs suffocating her. As the men jumped over she swung her axe forward hitting and hitting until the men fell lose of their shield and letting the axes sink into the many men she killed. As they retreated she smirked, blood splattered on her face. Eerika knew better of Rollo. He wouldn't stop. Eerika stayed on the front instead of moving back to the boat. Her kohl stained eyes smudged down to their core as an arrow was shot past her and next to Rollo's face.

Her eyes stared closely at the man ordering the Franks and she felt her stomach stir thinking about her daughter. What would become of her now that she was staring fate in the face, intent that she would not die even as the boats crushed into theirs. Spinning her axe around the men jumped onto the planks and Eerika charged forward bending down and shoving a man to the side spinning around she slit his throat and then charged forward throwing her axe and it embedded in another mans face as she ducked dodging the sword that swung at her and blocked him with her shield and shoving shield aside she kicked in the back of his legs gripping his throat, digging her nails through the flesh of his ripping his throat. She felt a body bump hers and saw Lagertha cover her and a frown formed on her lips as she picked up the Frank's sword and charged at them their swords clashing and she pulled her sword away throwing it down only to be blocked by the Frank soldier and went to slice at his stomach which he blocked with his shield and she chucked her shield away and swiping under his feet grabbing onto him and forcing him to the around as she impaled him and then stabbed a man through the chest as they attacked her.

Pausing Eerika's eyes closed in euphoria as she charged again cutting a mans leg and he knelt down before she brushed past him stabbing him through the back. Eerika stumbled as she was punched in the face and she fell to the ground rolling away from the sword shoving another man to the ground stabbing him through the chest looking up as blood pooled from her mouth and a grin formed on her face as she charged slicing a mans throat and shoving another man to the ground. A smirk formed as her eyes gazed up before she stabbed him with her sword.

Eerika charged forward but was kicked in the stomach and fell to the ground the sword fell out of her grasp. Eerika's face fell full of horror as she clutched her stomach and a single tear fell as she could not tell if she had lost her child. As she jumped up grabbing her knife she slashed the man's face carving out half his face before she knocked him out and threw her knife stabbing another man in the face. Eerika stood up noticing the retreat and Bjorn looked at her.

"Eerika we need to go now" Bjorn shouted and Eerika nodded running forward and jumping onto the boat and as she landed she stood up looking towards Rollo cold and harsh with a frown forming on her lips as she stood leaving Paris. Eerika let her body fall numb as her hand rested on her stomach and she kept her eyes on Bjorn, feeling as though she betrayed him. She laid next to him letting her hands cover her blood soaked face.

"I was with child." Eerika whispered and Bjorn looked at her stunned and furious. He had a right to be, she realised that. "I don't know if I lost it or not." Eerika whispered regretfully.

"Marry me?" Bjorn asked, his voice numb and broken. Eerika just glanced over at him frowning.

"I am sorry Bjorn. I wondered why the Gods led me to you. And I might understand it, it was for me to realise, no matter how much I love, and care for you, we will never be forever. I will always be incomplete." Eerika whispered turning away from him.

"I don't want to talk about this." Bjorn shook his head and Eerika nodded as she felt Bjorn pull her closer to him and she rested her head on his shoulder as his hand rested on her stomach. Once they had made it back to Kattegat Eerika walked down the streets and saw Hillevi cheering with her friends Hvitserk and Ubbe, glad to have them back. It had taken them a while to get back here. Eerika had begun showing and she didn't know why the Gods didn't take away her child, she would never be a good mother no matter how much she tried. Eerika was laying with Bjorn. The two had barely spoken a whole sentence to each other since they had gotten back. But as she stood up her feet moved on their own to where Hillevi was and she shook her child and shushed her.

"Come with me, we have to leave." Eerika pulled her daughter quietly to where their horses were and she had already packed for them. Eerika placed Hillevi on the horse and followed soon after as Hillevi fell limp tired and Eerika rode out of Kattegat as quickly as she could with her child. 9 months later Eerika was lying in a cave sheltered from the storm and Hillevi stood by her side as Eerika screamed out in pain giving birth to her child. Once her child was out Hillevi took the child in her arms smiling down at it.

"It is a boy mother." Hillevi cheered and Eerika sat up brushing her child's hair.

"You can name him Hillevi." Eerika shared as she grew faint wishing Bjorn be by her side.

"Einar" Hillevi whispered stroking the young boy with bright blue eyes, just like his father. She wished he would end up like Bjorn. Strong. Fearless. Kind. Eerika watched as Hillevi didn't let go of her young brother. Only 11 years older than her brother. She would love and look after him even after Eerika was gone. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

END OF SEASON 4A

THANK YOU FOR READING