Chapter 3:"She will be safe; it is not her time, nor her child's time."

Eerika was walking past the princess who was laughing as she stabbed the face of her uncle. Eerika let out a small chuckle next to Floki. "She's a bit crazy." Eerika drawled out and Floki giggled walking away and two separating and Eerika got a drink sitting on a barrel with the men and Thorunn the two clinking their cups together. "You fought good." Eerika cheered to the men. "Skol" She called out and they all took a swig of their drinks. Bjorn walked up taking Thorunn with him and Eerika turned watching the two in a small squabble. Her lips tilted up into a smirk when Thorunn walked up to her with a grin sitting down and holding her glass up.

"Bjorn asked me to marry him." She grinned taking a drink.

"Congratulations Thorunn we shall celebrate." Eerika cheered clinking their cups together howling with laughter and cheering for each other. The two were then lying down together drinking.

"Have you ever been married?" Thorunn asked.

"No, wouldn't like to be. I am much better off alone." Eerika shared with a small chuckle taking a sip of her drink.

"Wouldn't your daughter like a father?" Thorunn inquired.

"Maybe, but she has not told me if she would like one or not. You can tell if a child has not had a father by the way they act when they grow up." Eerika shared when they heard the men calling for them to leave. The two got up to the boats sailing over to the brother of the princess. Eerika smirked as the men ran away from them. One by one when they got back they began to cut the heads off the boat. Once they were done Eerika was watching was Thorunn flicked a coin forward followed by Rollo and Floki. Eerika placed her cup down and walked forward flicking her own coin forward her eyes gazing with such intensity as they did so Floki began to giggle and laugh Eerika went up to have another try but Toristen called out.

"Hey you bastards." He shouted.

"What? You couldn't have done better , Torstein." Floki shouted with a giggle at Eerika flocked her coin forward with a grin.

"I don't care about that game." Torstein spat as Bjorn then flicked his coin forward.

"Too bad, you are missing out on all the fun." Eerika chuckled walking to take a sip of her drink.

"I want you to cut off my arm." Torstein asked and that caused everyone to stop and look at him with a frown.

"Why not keep it?" Rollo asked.

"Because it's killing me, stupid." Torstein called out with a scoff. "It's not good to me anymore I don't want it." Bjorn then began walking forward. "In fact I've always hated this arm, it has to go." Everyone then began crowding around to watch and Eerika shared a frown as she watched Bjorn pick up a knife and offer. "Ah Bjorn always so considerate. A real credit to your father. But I want Floki to do it. Will you do it Floki?"

"I suppose so." Floki agreed with a frown.

"I would do the same for you." Torstein called out almost rudely.

"I know." Floki nodded quietly. "That is why I shall do it. Cut off his sleeve." Floki ordered Bjorn as he walked forward. Eerika watched with pity as he was tied to a token board and the axe was kept was with fire. A frown formed on Eerika's lips as she watched the glowing red axe as Floki cut the arm off and the man let out a piercing scream of pain. Soon thereafter Eerika sat by herself drinking, watching the waters near her. Her mind had stayed on her daughter. She missed her little child, she wondered if Siggy was taking care of her, if she had found any friends. As much as she loved England and loved the fight she longed to have her child in her arms. The next day as they were preparing for far, Eerika had distanced herself from everyone walking forward as they prepared to climb the mountain to reach their goal, to reach their fight. Eerika did not agree that fighting for the Saxon was the right thing to do. Once they had almost reached the peak of the mountain they were all crouched down preparing to fight but nothing but silence came. Torstein went first stumbling forward. Eerika though she had only known him a small time couldn't help but feel a swell in her heart as she had begun to like him. He seemed a good man.