Chapter 9:"It is a promise my weak king."

The morning sun had just begun changing into afternoon as Eerika stood hear the edge of the waters watching as her daughter tried to catch a fish. Bjorn made his way up to her folding his arms. "It is good to see you." Bjorn muttered towering over her as she kept her back to him.

"You seem well." Eerika nodded with a frown.

"How would you know? You have not looked at me since last night." Bjorn pointed out and Eerika sighed turning and looking up meeting Bjorn's gaze.

"I see you know, and somehow I am underwhelmed." Eerika shared making Bjorn chuckle shaking his head.

"Then perhaps I should bend down to your height so you can get a better look at me." Bjorn offered making Eerika smirk as she met his gaze and his mischief.

"Or maybe I enjoy the view from down here. Everything is much prettier from further away." Eerika pointed out as Hillevi came running forward throwing her arms around Bjorn's leg.

"Maybe, it is good to see you little Hillevi." Bjorn chuckled picking Hillevi up and kissing her forehead.

"I am not little anymore. I bet Hvitserk in a duel we had." Hillevi threw her hands up proudly.

"My little brother will never get over it." Bjorn laughed as Ubbe showed up and he put Hillevi down and she ran towards him.

"Why do you ignore your daughter yet chose to care for mine?" Eerika asked raising her gaze as she took the bucket Hillevi had placed down before she hugged Bjorn.

"She reminds me of painful memories. Reminds me a woman could not love me and her daughter because she thought her face and daughter a memory of her weakness. I worry that it will happen again." Bjorn shared as the two walked together.

"Who do you fear it will happen with?" Eerika asked raising an eyebrow.

"You" Bjorn answered.

"A scar is my strength. And I shall collect them like trophies." Eerika reminded him. "It takes a brave man to be a husband, but then again it takes a wise man to be a father. Prove you are wise, prove you are brave. Because I believe you are both Bjorn Iron side. But I will not believe anything I have not seen." Eerika shared with a coy gleam shining off her face as she walked past him, her raspy voice echoing throughout Bjorn's mind as a small smile ticked at his lips as he watched her leave. Later that day Eerika stood in the village frowning as she saw boats roll into the harbor. A man walked up beside her and she frowned. "Who are they?" Eerika asked.

"King Harald's Brother King Halfdan. They call him Halfdan the black." The man shared with her stony eyed.

"Maybe we need to keep watch over them. I do not trust him." Eerika commented turning away. That night Eerika was lazily sitting against a wall pouring herself drink after drink as the man next to her accidentally stabbed himself stabbing the knife between his fingers. Bjorn slid next to her as the whole room suddenly went quiet. Everyone turned to gaze at Floki and Helga. Eerika turned away as sound filled the room once more.

"Why do you not socialize?" Bjorn asked leaning closer to Eerika who just rolled her eyes.

"I enjoy my solitude." Eerika shared.

"Maybe we can enjoy it together?" Bjorn offered.

"Good offer, but why did you bring Torvi here?" Eerika demanded to know.

"I wanted to rescue her from her husband who treated her worse than a slave." Bjorn informed Eerika who nodded slowly.

"Clearly you have not seen how some slaves are treated then." Eerika shared with a shrug pouring herself more to drink.

"Why will you not let me be with you? You have slept with me, you talk with me, you let me near your child, near your home, you touch me like your lover yet you do not let me be with you." Bjorn shared with a frown. Eerika rolled her eyes leaning closer to Bjorn.

"I know you are a good man Bjorn. That is not what I ask of you. I know you care for my child. That is not what I ask for. I know you can be a lover. That is not what I ask for. I know you respect me. That is not what I ask for." Eerika confronted Bjorn her eyes intense as the fire crackled in them like her eyes were glowing embers, yet their darkness consumed anything in her gaze. Bjorn rested a hand on her thigh as Eerika let her hand trail down his wound to his neck softly.

"Then what do you ask of me?" Bjorn asked quickly.

"I want you to figure it out for yourself Bjorn. But in the mean time we can do what we're good at?" Eerika offered with a small laugh and Bjorn agreed eagerly. Eerika then got up walking to Aslaug. "Do you mind if Hillevi stays here tonight?" Eerika asked glancing back as Hillevi who handed a knife to Hvitserk challengingly as Sigurd giggled by her side. Aslaug followed her gaze as well nodding.

"You are a good mother, but you could be better. She shouldn't have to be a fighter. She is a girl." Aslaug pointed out.

"She's a bastard child, if she is not a fighter, she would have been long dead by now." Eerika bit back turning away and holding Bjorn's hand walking off with him. Harald's eyes followed the with a frown.

"Who is Bjorn Ironside with?" Harald asked looking to Floki who took a sip.

"Eerika death bringer. The two are close." Floki informed them and the two laughed. Once Eerika and Bjorn made it to her home she was pushed against the wall their lips crashed together in a tragic fashion, unfocused and full of sloppy desire as his hands ran down her body squeezing her in all the right places and she let a moan escape her lips causing Bjorn to insert his tongue exploring a familiar realm of her mouth. Eerika's hands ran up Bjorn's shirt and lifted his shirt up but Bjorn pulled it the whole way knowing he was too tall for her not to struggle with it.

Eerika shivered under Bjorn's touch as he planted his lips firmly on her neck causing her to throw her neck and arch her back against him as Bjorn leaned down. His hands scaled down her body, brushing over her ass as he took her thighs lifting her up and pushing her dress back far enough shoving her against the wall. Bjorn took off her dress his hands reattaching to her body as he picked her up throwing her on the bed and crawling over her. His lips pressed down taking her breasts in his mouth making her lean forward smiling as she freed Bjorn's hair. Once Bjorn stripped himself bare he slipped himself into Eerika, and Eerika arched her back bucking her hips forward as her hands reached up grabbing onto Bjorn's hair as the two continued to ride each other into the long night.

The next day Hillevi was holding a fake sword as she and Hvitserk playfully fought and Hillevi turned her head to the side hearing a scream. Her blue eyes widened as she saw Ivar lodge an axe in the head of a young boy. Hillevi met Hvitserk's gaze, she didn't know how to react as she saw the screaming child and it seemed neither did Hvitserk as he took her hand in his and pulled her away from this. "Have you thought what it would be like? To kill someone?" Hillevi asked Hvitserk still startled by what she witnessed she slipped her hand into Hvitserk's.

"No I haven't but it will be great. Exciting." Hvitserk cheered with a bright grin.

"It will be. It will always be you and me Hvitserk. Promise." Hillevi ordered making Hvitserk laugh loudly walking down the sand strip with her.

"You will be my Queen but I won't be your slave," Hvitserk demanded.

"I might die because you are so bad at cooking and everything. Instead you will be my King. I trust no one else." Hillevi cheered brightly gleaming as she met Hvitserk's gaze and Hvitserk laughed before he held out his hand and she took it the two staring at each other proudly.

"It is a promise my Queen." Hvitserk taunted.

"It is a promise my weak king." Hillevi teased before tackling Hvitserk to the ground and the two ended up fighting each other. Eerika and Bjorn walked into Kattegat and she walked to the shore finding Hillevi and a small tight smile formed on her lips wondering how they would be when they eventually got older.