III

"That is a magic box?" Ivar nodded at the laptop sitting in her lap.

"Mhm," she replied as she typed 'Ivar the boneless' into Google.

"And how does it work?" Ivar asked as he was twisting his dagger in his hand.

Eva paused for a second to look at him with a drool stare. "Magic," she said, "duh!"

"Magic, duh!" he mimicked in a girly voice.

Just before she pushed enter to search of Ivar, she paused and turned her head back to him. 

"So how did you get the name 'Ivar the boneless?'" she asked upfront.

Ivar tapped his right leg with his ax, then looked straight into her eyes. "The gods prophesied to my mother that if my father was to force himself onto her within three days of this  return from a raid, their son would be curse," then Ivar spread his arms as if to display himself.

"And then you were born with brittle bones," Eva finished for him. 

"Something like that," he replied with a shrug. 

'but only in his legs?' Eva thought, 'how strange'

Eva thought it was a sensitive subject and didn't want to push it further, but she would soon come to learn that Ivars legs had made him into one of the most famous Vikings to live on the earth. 

Eva continued to search about Ivar on the internet "Ivar the boneless, was a viking warlord a man of exceptional cruelty and ferocity and reputed to be a berserker," she read out loud, though her voice growing shaky with each word she read.

Ivar had a smug look on his face, obviously proud that his fame had come to foreign lands and was recorded in that magic box of Eva's.

....................................... ............................

It had been four days since Ivar had appeared in her room, not getting caught was easy when you lived in a large house that was split into two divisions. West wing of the house was where the golden child and her parents lived and the East wing was all Eva's.

They had gotten into a routine, in the morning she would sneak breakfast inside the room and share with Ivar. She would make Ivar take a bath, which he enjoyed though did not understand why because he was always clean. She had bought Ivar  some clothes of his own, and he looked more better in normal clothes, like a young modern man. Then she would go out to buy them lunch and some Ale and beer for Ivar. In the afternoon when no one was around she would sneak Ivar into the backyard so he could throw his daggers and ax's around. At first she was scared he might miss and hit someone or something, but soon learned that his aim was unbelievably accurate with the amount of times he thew his ax right pass her face. Then before her family would get home they would go inside and continue to watch Vikings on Netflix and eat dinner. 

They were finally on season four part two where Ivar's character had entered the story. Ivar didn't like much of the moving pictures the magic box had of his father and ancestors. The TV series obviously had a lot of history mixed up and facts because he was constantly making remarks about certain things. Eva was getting hooked into the TV series and found it hard to believe that the real Ivar who lived over a thousand years ago was sitting in her room watching it with her. 

"This boy does not look like me," Ivar gesture to the laptop with his cup of ale, "he is small and weak, I am a large man and strong."

Eva couldn't help but observe Ivar and then compare him to the guy who acted as him on the TV screen. The Ivar in front of her was at least 6'9 ft tall, his legs were long and skinny but his upper body was enormous. She found it weird that such a large man could fit in her room, but also found that the actor had really done a good job at perfecting his movements as a crippled such as Ivar. Though the real Ivar did not struggle with carrying his own weight, his breathing was never harsh. 

"...and I am much more handsome then him," Ivar said winking at Eva.

"He is only a young teenager in this part of the story," Eva said rolling her eyes, "And I wouldn't agree with you there."

One thing the Vikings hit right in the bulls eye with Ivar was that he was quick to anger. 

"He looks like the arse of a donkey," Ivar snapped, "you find that pleasing to the eye."

"Well you must look like the arse of a donkey Ivar," Eva smirked, "he is you after all."

She was only teasing him, she found Ivar in person and Alex Høgh Anderson both handsome. Though she would never admit it to him. Eva didn't even blink, she was so use to it now. She just kept watching the laptop as she felt the expected breeze of the air to by pass her face. Surely enough an ax was impaled in her wall. As if nothing had happened Ivar turned his attention back to watching Vikings, but the event happening on the screen had only angered him more.

Eva was watching the scene of Ivar the boneless failing to satisfy Margrethe sexually and trying to kill her so no one else would know. Before the scene could end she heard a snarl from her left and then saw her laptop flying across the room with a dagger in it. 

"What the heck?!" She screamed "Why did you do that for?!"

"Your stupid magic box is full of lies," he yelled back, "I can satisfy a woman just fine."

"Its just a TV show, its not real," she tried to tone her voice down, scared her parents heard.

"And it is ruining my reputation!" Ivar threw his glass of ale at the laptop trying to destroy it even more.

"Ivar, don't worry you've been dead for over a thousand years," she tried to reason. "No one cares if you can get it up or not."

"It is my fame that will be tarnished, not yours," he glared at her, "dead or alive, it is what we leave behind and are known for that makes us proud the most."

Eva tried her hardest not to roll her eyes, "well at least you have fame," she tried to bait him, "I have none."

"I do not care of your fame," he said still seething, "I care only for my own."

 Eva didn't know what to say to console Ivar so she sat next to him silently. Then his head snapped up like a light bulb just went off in his mind. He looked at Eva with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"I will bed you," Ivar said as he moved closer to Eva, "and you will tell all that I can satisfy a woman better then any man."

Eva slowly moved backwards feeling like a prey being hunted by a predator. She was terrified now. She hadn't done the deed before and Ivar was the most beautifully tone man she had ever met but he was over a thousand years old. 

'Hes going to rape me,' she thought 'quick Eva think fast or you will be raped!' Eva had done her own research of Ivar and there was a lot of documentaries where they thought Ivar felt deprived of love and affection from his father.

'We're more a like then I'd like to admit,' Eva thought, 'Here goes nothing.'

Eva flipped the script. She now got up and started moving like the predator closer to Ivar, him now the prey, this in turn shocked Ivar and he sat back and watched her. Eva lent in close to his face and touch it with her left hand, after watching four seasons of Vikings she realized that affectionate gestures were normal in Ivars culture. When he felt her hand caress his cheek his eyes slowly closed as he enjoyed her touch. 'Wouldn't bed the likes of me aye Ivar,' Eva thought cheekily to herself.

"You dont need to have sex with me or anyone else to prove yourself" Eva smiled as Ivar opened his eyes.

His dark blue eyes were searching her hazel ones as she continued to talk, "I for one am certain that you could please a woman if you wanted to," she patted his cheek, "But I am not the one." 

Ivar sighed and cover her hand with his, then surprised her by kissing her hand.

"I am sorry, my anger got the better of me," he said looking into her eyes. "I would never bed you without consent," those words lifted a heavy weight off Eva's shoulders. 

Eva's sincere words had saved her from being raped that night. Ivar was searching for a sign to not have his way with her and prove to her that he was a real man. As he studied her eyes he found that she wasn't lying but truly trusted Ivars word, and that was all it took. Eva truly believed him because she knew that he had fathered a son back in the 800AD.

"Thank you," she sighed in relief.