X

Eva was pissed!

Ivar hadn't aimed to skim Josephs' head this time, he aimed straight for his chest. If Eva hadn't seen it coming, Joseph would have been slowly bleeding to death at her feet. 

Ivar just rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Nick, who was standing there stunned. Then suddenly Nick started to laugh, while Joseph was busy checking to see if he was still in one piece, all the while Eva went to fetch the axe.

"What were you trying to achieve bringing him here Nick?" Ivar sneered, "A bloody mess on your floor?"

"I knew you hated him," Nick said between laughing, "but I didn't think you would actually kill him."

"I'm the only one who dares to stick around this lunatic, so usually I'm target practice," Nick sighed in relief, "Sorry Joseph, I set you up! I couldn't help myself."

"You planned to get me killed?" Joseph said exasperated, "what the hell man?!"

"I didn't think he'd actually do that, sorry man."

"Nick, Joseph could you give us a minute," Eva said Axe now resting over her shoulder.

Nick and Joseph exchanged looks, Joseph murmured a quick 'Kill him for me' before following Nick out the back. 

Ivar kept his back to Eva. 

The tension in the room was almost tangible.

'THWACK!'

Ivars' axe was now impaled only centimetres away from his left in the table he was working on. 

Eva caught him flinch, it was so subtle that if she blinked she would have missed it. Eva had been practising her axe throwing and exercising more regularly, it got drilled into her daily routine because of a foreigner who used to sleep on her floor. 

Ivar still remained silent with his back facing her. 

'Stubborn, still the same' she thought. Eva grabbed a wooden stool and sat it in front of Ivar. Taking her seat, Ivar moved his gaze to her left refusing to acknowledge her presences. She was glad hoping he wouldn't catch her sneaking a peek at his abs. It's not that she hadn't seen them before it was just that it had been awhile.

"I will not tolerate you trying to kill my only friend I have made since you left," Eva gazed intensely at his blue orbs, willing him to look at her. 

"He any good in bed?" Ivar sneered. 

"He's freaking gay!" Eva screamed.

Ivars' expression indifferent, "that explains him screaming like a little girl." 

"I'm not gay, I have a freaking girlfriend!" Joseph yelled, banging on the door. 

"Shut up Casper!"

Eva sighed and Ivar went back to ignoring her. 

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened that night at home."

"I know you were just looking out for me, I don't have much of an explanation except that I'm not used to sticking up for myself especially when it comes to my parents," '..or anyone that isn't called Ivar she thought.

Ivar pulled the axe out of the table and turned on the machine he was using, about to continue what he was doing. Eva pulled the power cord, killing the machine. She put her pride to the side and decided to tell him how she felt.

"I miss you Ivar," she whispered, "I was worried I'd never see you again."

Ivar kept his silence and she groaned giving up.