XII

A/N - Just a bit of New Zealand slang/lingo in this chapter. 

Egg is an insult here, not like a harsh one but it's like calling someone a rotten egg.

Ball means Prom 

I've had fun writing this chapter, its the game changer chapter I've been waiting to write. Leave me a comment on what you think will happen next! Vote if you please, hope you enjoy! xx 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Joseph left the room to give Ivar and Eva some space, the atmosphere was tense as Ivar patiently waited for Eva to make the first move.

Eva was fighting herself from wanting to wrap Ivar in a warm embrace for sticking up for her. It had been too many years that Stella and her minions had bullied her and Eva just letting them. She wanted to fight back but she knew it only made her case worse.

But Eva was still mad at Ivar for putting her sister in a choke hold, Elaine forgetting to mention that he struck her with his dagger. She had seen the cut a while back but didn't say anything, now it all made sense.

"How could you threaten Elaine like that?" Eva whispered still staring at the tv.

"After what just happened, that is all you have to say?" frustration coating his voice.

"She's young Ivar, you can't blame her for her decisions. You are in no position to judge her! calling her a murderer? that's rich coming for you!" Eva snapped. She was back on track, remembering her purpose in coming to Nicks apartment.

"Eva," he sneered, "do not come here trying to start an argument to defending your brat of a sister when you can not even defend yourself!"

Eva gasped, she felt as if she just got slapped in the face. Instead of yelling at him like she was planning to she kept silent, not knowing how to reply. 

"Why do you let people talk about you like that? Of all the people in the world, you are the one I can truly say does not deserve all this trash talk you take from people," he sighed.

Eva felt a pang of warmth in her chest, Ivar always knew how to upset her but then make her feel as if she was the most important person on the earth. A grin formed on her face as tears silently rolled down her cheeks. Ivar sighed shuffled closer, going in for a comforting hug, but Eva moved away from his grasp. 

"I've tried alright," she murmured, "I've tried fighting back and it doesn't do anything for me. It just makes them dig deeper with their insults, do you think I want to hear what they're saying? I know it's not true, and they probably do too. But that doesn't stop them Ivar."

She harshly wiped the tears away, angry at herself for letting her emotions take control of her.

"It's like an avalanche, once they start they just don't stop. No matter what stands in the way they just keep going full speed ahead with whatever they can think of. Its always been hard to fight back because of it's me against everyone else, even my own family Ivar. Do you know how that feels like?" she cried.

"Of course I do Eva, look at me," he said arms wide. "I am a crippled who killed his own brother because Sigurd constantly taunted and reminded me of how he and the rest of my family wished our mother left me to the wolves. I know how you feel Eva, frustrated, resentful, unworthy, abused, angry."