Epilogue

Eight years later.

"Hello, love," he whispered.

"Are you feeling any better?" she replied a small grin on her lips.

"Much better now that you're here."

"I was right next to you the whole time," she gave him a droll stare.

"Just not close enough," he wiggled his brows.

Eva lightly slapped his head, "don't get any ideas! we're still basically in public."

He laughed and grabbed that same hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

"That thought never crossed my mind," he feigned innocents.

"Go to sleep Ivar."

Ivar closed his eyes at that and Eva continued to gaze at his handsome face. She couldn't help herself from tracing his features. Ivar just grinned in reply, loving the feeling of Eva's body close to his.

"How many children do you want?" he randomly asked.

"I think two is enough."

"Why only two? do you not enjoy the pleasures of making a child?"

"Don't be so crude," she lightly smacked his chest.

"So modest my love, I guess someone needs to be," he chuckled.

With that Ivar stood up with his crutches, he stole one last glance at Eva before he started to hobble down the plane aisle. Eva didn't think much of it until he reached the end of the aisle and turned back with a forlorn look on his face. At that moment she panicked because she knew something bad was going to happen.

"Ivar! Ivaaar! Come back!" She yelled as he continued to walk.

"Ivaaar! Where are you going? Don't leave me! Ivaaar!" she cried but he continued to walk off the plane as if he couldn't hear her.

"Babe, wake up! You're having a nightmare." 

Eva woke with a start, startled into reality once again. She tried to calm herself by breathing slowly. 

"Honey, deep breaths before you pass out!" Riley says as she rubs Eva's back. 

"Riley, what are you doing here?" Eva manages to say as she tries to slow her heart rate. 

"Waiting for your lazy ass to wake up, you're the one who called for a celebration, not us, sleeping beauty," Riley said as she rolled her eyes. 

 Joseph landed a job with Hail's corporation, he and Riley had been living in Wellington while he was studying to become an accountant and had found it hard to get a job back home. After a few years of experience, Nick was finally able to offer Joseph a job so he and Riley could come home. Eva was over the moon, she had missed them both dearly and seeing each other had become a rare occasion for everyone's busy schedule. 

Once Eva had managed to get a hold of herself, she finally saw the bulging melon sitting where Riley's flat stomach would usually be. 

"Riley, you're pregnant!" Eva exclaimed.

" Surprise! Can you believe it, Joseph and I are finally starting a family." 

"Aw Congratulations, girl. I'm so happy for the both of you!" Eva cried, "I'm finally going to be an aunty!" 

"That you are, baby!" Riley chuckled, "Everyone is waiting in the lounge, we're waiting for you." 

"I'll just freshen up, then I'll come in," Eva smile as Riley left the room.