XI

Eva had fallen asleep in Ivars' arms. He was so content watching her sleep but what she told him about Elaine getting an abortion had him ready to slit someone's throat. Ivar deciding to sate his bloodlust, he kissed Eva's head before sliding off the bed to find his dagger.

Ivar made a pit stop in the kitchen, happy to find that Eva still left a low cupboard full of snacks for him. After chowing down on some beef jerky he made his way up to Elaine's room on the far side of the house.

Letting himself in with more caution this time he managed to get to her bed without her waking. Ivar grabbed her upper body and put her in a tight chokehold. Elaine woke with a start, struggling to breathe. Ivar had her exactly where he wanted her and Eva wasn't here to save her this time.

"Listen here you little witch, you should be dead with your unborn child you murdered!" he sneered in her ear.

Elaine whimpered scared for her life, trying to loosen his grip on her throat.

"That baby was innocent and had no blame in your stupid faults! Freya blessed you with child and you killed it with no excuse but that you are a coward," he hissed

Elaine was mortified, Ivars grip was slowly getting tighter with each word he said and she knew it was useless to fight, she wasn't strong enough.

"There is no place in this world for a pathetic being like you. I would kill you now but I will not hurt Eva! My conscious for now is content knowing you will never make it into Valhalla!" his voice deadly.

Ivar grabbed his dagger and pressed it into her throat, just enough to break the skin.

"This is your first and only warning if you ever hurt or do anything to Eva in a manner that I do not like again.. you are dead... murderer," he spat.

Ivar released her and started to crawl back to Eva.

Elaine sprawled out on the bed trying to catch her breath, her throat was burning and she didn't know how to stop it. She had never been so scared in her life and she knew she had to get the handicap out of her house or she was dead.

......................................

A few weeks later Eva and Elaine were in the kitchen, Eva was cooking and Elaine was washing the dishes. Ivar was now part of the Sorenson household and no one questioned it, he welcomed himself through the front door and was sleeping again in Eva's bedroom floor. She had insisted he take the spare bedroom, but he refused, saying that he was more comfortable in his makeshift bed on the ground. Eva just shrugged it off and things continued as if he never left.

Ivar worked at the blacksmith store during the day and Eva would walk to him after school and they would walk home together. Since Ivar had come back, Elaine had been keeping her distance from Eva and Eva was only starting to notice recently that she wasn't acting her usual clingy self. Eva had an idea it was because of Ivar but not so sure if something had happened when she was not around. Their parents couldn't care less if Ivar was living under their roof and eating their food, as long as he kept their daughters dirty little secret they turned a blind eye.

"Elaine," Eva said stirring the pot of soup.

"Yeah?"

"Are you all right?"

"Who is Freya?" curiosity coating her voice.

Eva was taken by surprise from her question about Ivars' goddess.

"Freya is a Norse goddess, she is the goddess of Love, fertility and beauty. Where did this question come from? Did Ivar say something?" Eva answered.