XXI

Ivar had tied up Eva's wound, but Eva's was feeling drowsy and drifted off to sleep in his arms. Ivar couldn't believe that she was even there, he gave Avery specific instructions and that fool could not follow the simplest instructions. Ivar would not let him get away with it, it was his fault Eva was shot and had it been more than just a flesh wound he would be dead. 

Avery was shaking Nick awake, once Nick came to consciousness he groaned. Ivar and Avery sighed in relief, so far everyone was still alive in one piece, if barely. 

Ivar then stared daggers at Avery, who must have felt the cold stare on his back because he turned to face Ivar. Avery expected that reaction to his presence in the room than before he could explain himself Ivar spoke up. 

"Get Eva and Nick in the van, I will come later with Elaine and Joseph" Ivar instructed "If you do not follow my instructions this time, there will be deathly consequences Avery! I do not want to see another scratch on Eva's head do you understand?" 

Avery nodded and moved to draped Nicks arm around his neck and started moving. 

Ivar sat there staring at Eva's sleeping form while keeping the pressure on her wound. Ivar could not believe how this beautiful young woman made him feel. Seeing her put her life on the line for him made his heart soar, that someone loved him enough to do such a thing. He wasn't even sure his own brother would save him after all he did kill his own brother out of anger. But he could not help but want to hold her up into a room so that his heart would never be so on edge seeing her in danger again. She wasn't a shield maiden, but the way she fought tonight definitely showed her potential as a legendary shield maiden if she was from his period in time.

Avery had finally come back for Eva, and Ivar promised himself these people we're going to pay for going after his friend and touching his woman. 

<><><><><><><><><>

Ivar went searching deeper into the basement for Joseph and Elaine, he couldn't believe how large it was. He found fours large rooms filled with mostly young children and woman, they fled to the furthest corner in fear. Ivar quickly shouted out instructions that they were now safe, but to flee the building and wait on the hill out of sight and that help was coming. Cries of joy and relief would fill the air before they would start to move out. 

The last door to the basement was coming up and Ivar was feeling anxious, he hadn't thought of a backup plan if Joseph and Elaine weren't there. He wanted to go back to Ivars bed room floor in New Zealand after he was done here, not continuing a man hunt, so he sent a quick prayer up to Odin before opening the door. 

As he opened the door he searched the room, he couldn't see his friend and sighed in defeat. He continued his routined instructions when a tall familiar male burst through the crowd of people and squeezed the life out of Ivar. 

"I freaking love you boneless!" Joseph cried as he showered Ivars face in kisses "You found us! Thank Odin, he must be real! He knows my stamina isn't good enough to be a sex slave". 

Ivar chuckled and pushed Joseph off him though happy to have found his friend healthy and well. Elaine was next to suffocate him in a choke hold crying, he patted her back awkwardly before he pushed her out of his way. He gave them instructions on where to go and that they were to wait patiently in the van and never to come back inside the warehouse. 

They both nodded in response and left. 

Ivar checked all the rooms again to see if there was anyone else inside, once he found the warehouse was empty except himself he went back to the top and waited for the fifth man who got away earlier. He knew that the man had called for back up and that they would be there soon, so Ivar waited with his bow and arrow lazy in hand.