the boy

One week has passed since Jimin started school and the hell he went through only scraped the tip of the iceberg.
the whole week Jimin had to sleep on a park bench with a minimal amount of money, but that seemed to have become the norm every time his mum's boyfriends or what she called acquaintances came over.
The suffocating muggy smell made him sick anyway so he shouldn't be complaining, he loved the stary canvas which hung over his head.

The twinkling lights overhead forming a firework-like display as he tucked his fingertips into the coat which laid over him the gentle breezy scent of the night scraping his nostrils so gently as he laid there.

It didn't take long before he fell asleep, although hours went past he didn't recall waking up which was why he was even more confused the moment he opened his eyes.
He was no longer on the park bench, Jimin was surrounded by four walls.
And although he hadn't ever been here, it all felt way too familiar to him.
But one specific painting caught his attention as it hung on the wall, it was him with a bundle of people.
Yet their faces seemed blurry through his vision.

Jimin shook his head as he pushed his cheat up from the soft springy bed only for his face to meet with a dark silhouette that loomed over him, it walked closer to him.
A step at a time before pulled him into his chest, though it was gentle and warm it didn't take long before the pain began bursting back out as soon as the person disappeared in the distance.

He was about to run and find it but everything suddenly turned blank and as soon as he opened his eyes once again he was back at the old rusty bench with the park trees surrounding him.
"W...was this a dream? It didn't feel like one"

Jimin mumbled only to mentally smack himself at his idiotic throughs with a sigh, but the pain was real as he felt a strong pain in his head as he laid back down thinking, about what had happened only to be interrupted by a sudden tug on his sleeve.

"Um, Mr I...I lost my mum please help me find her"

Jimin glanced down only to see a small boy standing beside him, tears trickling down his rosy cheeks as he held a tight grip onto Jimins top.
The elder couldn't say no.
"Where did you see your mum last" Jimin smiled as the boy lead the way, they walked for a while having a little chat. Jimin's face was covered with a small soft smile, he knew what it felt like to be lost and it didn't feel right.

Jimin looked up once their journey came to a halt, but he couldn't help but be a bit sceptical.
"Are you sure this is the right place?" Jimin asked as he turned his head around, but the boy was gone.
"Yeah it's here" a voice came out of the walls, Jimin looked around and saw a silhouette of the boy in the dark corner of the alleyway, he walked closer.
The boy turned around, everything was fine except for his shadow.
His shadow was different.

He was back......

Jimin's brother.