18. The Big Day (D)

someone tries to motivate themself for the big day ahead of them  

*

Est. Run Time: 0:30.00-0:45.00

Suggested Props: none

Suggested Costuming: none

*

All right.

*claps hands* Today's the day. Today's the big day. Today's the day when everything you've practiced gets put to use. The day the world gets to see just who you are, just what you can do. Today is the day the world will learn who you are, and after this, they'll never forget it. Ever.

*gets pumped up, maybe bouncing up and down a bit* You're gonna show the world just what a person can do when they try. You're gonna kick butt out there. You're gonna kick everyone's butt out there. You're gonna win this. You're gonna be the best you can be. You can do this.

*rubs hands together* I can do this. Today's the day.

*

This one is very short and very sweet. I would recommend it for younger auditionees, especially children and maybe preteens, as it is simple enough to memorize, easy enough to ad lib about if you forget your lines, and would sound adorable coming from younger actors, I'm sure. I am calling this one a dramatic monologue simply because it does not really fit the term "comedic" and is more inspirational, not funny, although I am sure it could be played as such if wished.