A Fainting Spell

I began to wake up and all I could hear was beeping beside me, but then as my hearing returned, two voices could be heard. I hadn't the strength to open my eyes so I just listened to the conversation.

"She's stable. Everything will be fine." says someone with a strong accent.

"Are you sure? How did this happen?" says a voice that is so familiar to me, "Why did she faint?"

The voice was clear as day, it was German.

"Her body has undergone drastic changes sir, you have to consider that she is now having to pump a lot more blood per minute, as the amount of blood in her body has increased by around 40%. This would have made her dizzy already and you say she shot out of her chair and in her condition, moving too drastically could cause her to faint."

"But they're alright?"

"Of course. The baby is stable as is your wife."

I had now managed to opened my eyes and I croaked the one question I couldn't hold in.

"The baby?"

German turns to me and a look of relief floods his face.

"I'll give you a moment." says the doctor, the one with the strong accent, as he steps outside.

"Angie." says German as he rushes to my side and places his hand on my cheek.

I'm so confused and in pain and tears are brimming in my eyes, "German..."

"No, Shhhhh....." he says wiping a tear that trails down my face, "I'll explain, we'll get through this."

"You fainted earlier after you tried to stand up, we all tried in vain to get you to wake up, but when you didn't, we brought you here."

He sighs and begins to stroke my face to sooth me, as I am still crying.

"When we brought you in, they did lots of tests to figure out what had happened. They found you were pregnant and connected the fainting to that. Your both okay."

I'm still crying but now it's in relief. I'm okay. So is my baby.

Thinking about it like that is crazy. I agreed to have a baby, but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. Thinking about it as my baby also was so weird. I have a life inside of me. I am overwhelmed with a million emotions.

"How far gone..?" I say not wanting to ask, but also needing to know.

"Six weeks." says German stroking my hair, "That explains the sickness. The doctor says you could have another three weeks of sickness."

I close my eyes and breathe. I really need to think this through. I'm just so stressed. I feel fine now, but I'm hooked up to a few machines so can't just walk out.

I am in tears, extremely tired and stressed, "German, I need to go home."

"I know. I know. I just need to check with the doctors. Do you want me to send Violetta in whilst I sort everything?"

I nod. I don't particularly want to be alone.

German leaves the room and as he does Violetta runs in. She quickly comes over to me and hugs me loosely.

"Angie, you're okay!" she says happily.

"I'm okay." I say with a slight smile.

"How you feeling, about, everything?" says Violetta, clearly seeing I'm distressed.

"I don't know Vilu." I say tears streaming again, "I'm just not sure what to think. I'm so overwhelmed. How will I tell everyone? I was going to tell people we were trying first, because then I'd know if they'd disapprove. Now, I've been thrown in the deep end."

Violetta looked upset, but she nodded.

"I understand. I really do." she smiles sadly, "Anyway, if you needed to, you don't have to keep the baby. If you feel you couldn't."

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Oh my God Violetta no!" I say shocked at the suggestion.

"Really?" says Violetta happily.

"I'd never do that! Babies are blessings. I would never. I'd feel so guilty, could you imagine your dad? He'd be devastated. I would never do that to him. I would never do that to a baby."

"I'm so glad you say that!" says Violetta hugging me, "We can get through the next bit easily now!"

"What's the next bit?" I say rather worried.

"There are a few people who will be coming to see you later."