A Liar

"You saw everything?"

German looks shocked as the words stumble from his mouth.

"I'm going to give you some space." says Violetta edging out of the room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I say hurt.

German puts down the paint brush and walks up to me. His eyes glistening as tears brim.

"I didn't want to." he says trying to put his arms around me.

"Why not?" I say pushing him away.

"The words wouldn't come if I tried Angie. How was I supposed to say..."

"That Esmeralda kissed you?" I added.

German's face dropped, "How was I supposed to tell you that?"

"I don't know! But what hurts is that you wouldn't have told me!"

"I'm..." German choked on his words. I understood what he was saying, but he'd betrayed me.

"You're my husband. You have to be honest with me!" I say tears pricking my eyes.

German doesn't say anything. I'm stood there waiting for a response, waiting for anything. German remains motionless and expresionless however and I feel alone. Tears begin to stream down my face. The tears turn into hysterical sobs.

This seems to bring German out of his trance. Within moments, he has taken me in his arms and is rocking me slightly, trying to sooth me.

"Why?" I ask in between sobs.

"I don't know Angie. I don't know why she did it. I don't know why."

"Not that!" I cry, "Why didn't you say anything to her? Why didn't you pull away? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know what to say. She kissed me and walked out smiling and I didn't pull away from the shock of her kissing me I suppose. I just didn't know what was happening. Angie please forgive me, I would have told you, I just didn't know how."

I breathed a sigh of relief and German wiped away my tears, but something still bothered me.

"German," I say sadly, "Are you going to leave me?"

Germans face dropped and he quickly held me as tightly as possible.

"Angie, why would you ever think such a thing?"

Tears are trying to come again and a few slip down my face.

"Why would you want me? I mean I'm so useless at the moment, I can't walk fast and I eat loads and I'm such a strain. You wouldn't have to have that with-"

German cut me off by kissing me. It was long and passionate, but most of all it was powerful. There was so much love in the kiss.

"Angeles Carrara, I love you with all my heart, don't forget that."

I am breathing heavily and I'm still on the verge of tears so German pulls me into his chest.

"Angie, I love you so much, you have made me happier then I've ever been."

"I love you so much, you have completed me."

"I love you so much, you've changed my life and Violetta's."

"I love you so much, you have given me a new family."

"I love you so much, you are the reason I get through each day."

"Do you know how much I love you?"

I nod my head. I do know how much he loves me.

"As much as I love my tea." I croak.

German smiles.

"And so much more."