A Brown Eyed Beauty

I lay in bed with dried tears plastered to my face. I'd been like this all day as I couldn't bring myself to move.

Yesterday was both the best and worst day of my life. I welcomed my precious daughter Lilliana into the world, but in the same day, I lost my mother.

By blood, I only have two people left and that is Violetta and Lilliana. It breaks my heart when I think that I'm the oldest in the family now at only 28, with the rest of my family passed away.

It also hurts when I think about how briefly Violetta knew my mother. Yet it hurts more to think Lilliana will never know her. Everything hurts to think about.

With my mother gone, I don't know what to do. For a long time it was just her and me. She was always by my side, but now I've lost her and I'm left to walk alone.

I know I shouldn't think like that because I have everyone here for me, but they can't do the same things for me as my mother could. No one can replace a mother.

When I think about that, it strikes me what such a bad mother I've been so far. Lilliana is only a day old, yet I have been unable to care for her as I am lost in grief. German has cared for her since I broke down and so has Violetta.

I've found Violetta grieves well by trying not to think about the sadness of death. Instead, I've heard her singing made up nursery rhymes to Lilliana about my mother. They are lovely, but when I hear her sing them down the hall, my heart breaks and I cannot help but cry.

I lay on my bed and feel empty. I have no idea what I am going to do, so I just lay there sadly.

After a while, I heard a small cry from the nursery across the hall and I knew Lilliana must have awoke from her nap.

This time however, instead of laying there and waiting for Violetta or German to come, I pull myself out of bed and head for the nursery.

As I open the door, I see Lilliana squirming around in her cot frantically, so I run up beside her and scooped her into my arms.

"Shhhhhhhhh....It's okay now sweetie. Mummy's here. Mummy's better now. Now I can look after you, I promise."

I'm reassured when she calms down and snuggles into me. She instantly relaxes me with her touch and I gaze down at her.

She is so perfect.

I lift up her tiny hand and she desperately grabs for my finger. When she grips it, a little smile comes to her face and I melt.

Then I see them.

She gently flutters her eyelashes gently and opens her eyes.

They are the most amazing brown. The same brown eyes that Violetta and Maria have. A single tear streams down my cheek.

My brown eyed beauty is perfect.

__________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for how short this is but I thought this was just the perfect way to end the book!

Anyways... so I have lots to say!

It's the end of the third book! WOW!
Thank you all so much for over 550 votes on this book alone! I can't believe it!

Also the collection has a total of over 1,200 votes overall and that's crazy!

And the reads? Around 12,000 on the collection! CRAZY RIGHT?

Huge thank you for all your lovely comments too! I've received lots of lovely messages on here, in the comments and on Twitter! It's so crazy and you guys are so lovely- you honestly make me feel famous!

Now.... Will there be a book four?

I am afraid not... just an epilogue that will come soon and mark the end of the entire collection. Ready? I'm not.

Much love xoxo