Epilogue- The End

For my dear Angie,

I love you dear. I love you more then you will ever know. You have brought me true happiness after I never thought I would find it. Our family completes me. I've so much to say so maybe we should go back to the beginning.

I did hear you. That night, when you told Violetta the 5 important things, I was listening. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to win you over. Pablo had tried for years and failed. I needed to find a way and you were letting Violetta know how. You told her and I listened. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Don't be mad at me for that okay?

Then that day that I made your tea for the first time and I failed. I was so sure I had it. It could have gone downhill, but when you turned to me and said, "You couldn't have just asked me to be your girlfriend could you?" I could have died right there from happiness.

Don't forget that okay?

I remeber the three way proposal. Gosh I screwed up. Thank God you forgave me. Then that conversation. You knocked on the door and just those simple words you said broke me. I swung open the door and you were stood there, ready to forgive me before I could forgive myself. You've always been a better person.

Do you remember that simple sentence that got me out?

But our wedding. Our wedding made it all worth it. When you smiled at me as you walked down the aisle with Pablo, I knew for the first time in years, that my life was perfect. I had a beautiful wife and beautiful daughter. I'd have a beautiful life and I knew that the moment I saw you in your dress.

It was perfect, don't you think?

Then, when our family was completed, I knew we were set for life. Our little Lilliana. She's not so little anymore. I'm glad though, she's a beautiful young woman, even if she's only ten. As is Violetta, except she's a little older. Don't stop reminding them that. They deserve all the happiness life has to offer. I got such happiness with you and I only hope they have the same joy in life. Make sure you fight against any of Anna's boyfriends like I did to Leon. No boy will ever be good enough for my baby.

Do you think she'd be glad I'm not here to do that?

Anyway, maybe I should stop now. We don't need tears, angel, so please don't cry. I want you to be happy. I want you to be loved like you deserve. I want you to find someone who will treat you as they should. Maybe if I had a brother eh? You've always loved that joke.

Are you mad I've joined Maria?

I love you Angie. With all my being.

Don't cry dear, I love you forever and always, German xoxo

I threw the letter in front of the stone and sat before it. His name was carved into the stone along with the dates that depicted the years of his life, yet they didn't show the years well enough.

"Don't be mad at you, German ?" I cried, "I can't. I'm so glad you heard. I'm so glad you proved it. I wouldn't change anything. Not even you being a nosey sod."

I wanted a reply. So desperately.

"Don't forget when we started dating?" I said releasing a small laugh, "No, that's impossible. The taste of that tea you made is still in my mouth. You used instant you idiot. I've never missed bad tea so much."

No reply. I knew it, but I didn't want to belive it.

"Do I remember what I said to get you out?" I said, tears falling, "Yes, I do. All I said was 'And if it's me?" and you shot out like a light. You held me close and I could feel your damp face on my shoulder. You'd been crying. You thought you were going to lose me. I wish I knew I was losing you German, then I would have done the same. You complete idiot. I love you."

"Was it perfect?"

I stared at his grave.

"No, because perfect doesn't exist. But, it was close. If anything in my life comes close to perfection it would be one of them alongside Violetta, Lillianna and our love. You're stupidly corny. I love it German. Come and tell me it in person and then I can tell you all this properly."

I sighed.

"No." I let tears fall down my face, "I don't think Lillianna is glad you can't yell at her boyfriends. Oh, she'd let you drive all her boyfriends away as long as you were here. If agreeing to that was all it took to get you back, German, she'd do it in a heartbeat. She misses you. We miss you."

No one was here to wipe my tears.

"You know what. I am mad. I am more than mad actually. I'm furious! German Castillo, how dare you leave me. I need you."

I tear fell onto the paper in my hand and I wiped it quickly. I couldn't ruin it.

"I have a present from Vilu." I said clutching it, "Leon and her are quitting music. Just like Maria did. Because they know family is more important."

I placed the picture on his grave.

"It's a boy. They want to name him after you."

Tears streamed and I couldn't stop them.

"I miss you so much. You left me too quickly German. Lilli's ten! Vilu is only 28. I'm only 38. I'm 38 German! You should still be here. How dare you leave at 48. I didn't give you permission to do that."

I dropped to my knees.

"I realise you were 37 when we remarried. You'd tell me to move on. To be happy. But I'm so lost right now German. Just please, please, come back."

"I'd do anything for one more cup of tea."

"You're the only man who's ever known how I like my tea."

_____________________________________

Okay so yeah I finally made an official ending.

I'm crying. I think I broke myself.

Sorry if I ruin your lives with this.

Much love xoxo