*Chapter 17: Explosions*

SO BEFORE I LEAVE YOU GUYS TO THE CHAPTER,  QUICK DISCLAIMER:

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT FOR READERS 18+ SO READ AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT TYPE OF READING, THEN PLEASE WAIT READ THE FIRST PART BEFORE THE SECOND WARNING APPEARS AND THEN PLEASE WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER UPDATE.

THIS CHAPTER ALSO FOCUSES A LOT MORE ON WHAT SKYLAR IS FEELING MORE THAN THE ACTUAL 18+ ACT. REMEMBER SKYLAR IS A GROWING CHARACTER THATS TRYING TO BATTLE HER OWN INNER DEMONS, SO PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE, THE BETTER STUFF WILL COME EVENTUALLY.

SO MY LOVES, WITH THAT I LEAVE YOU TO THE CHAPTER ;D HAPPY READING!

ABOVE IS THE SONG EXPLOSIONS BY ELLIE GOULDING WHICH I THINK IS PERFECT FOR THIS CHAPTER!

LOVE,GRISSYQUINN <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

My heart pounded like crazy as I ran up the stairs and into my room. Shutting the door behind me, I swore my heart was in my throat. I felt myself sliding down the door until I reached the floor. My mind was a mess, my heart was about to burst out of my chest, my lips were still tingling with the feeling of Alexanders on them.

I didn't fully understand why I was reacting like this, tonight's date was by far the best night I've had in years, for once in my life, I didn't feel like Nyx. I didn't feel like a weapon my dad could just manipulate and control to his will. I just felt like Skylar, like the girl that loved to ice skate, read and play her violin.

Not even 10 minutes ago when we arrived back, I didn't want the night to end, I wanted Alexander to kiss me, I was craving it from the moment he knocked on my door and I saw how amazing he looked and how I felt my heart skip a beat. So, why was I freaking out right now? Why did I just run away flustered with so much heat on my cheeks and left Alexander outside?

For years, I've let my demons keep me from being happy, I've let them scare me into being what others wanted me to be, I've let them take Skylar away and do whatever they wanted with Nyx.

From the moment, I saw Alexander the day I got here, I knew he was going to change everything. I wanted him close from day one, but my demons held me back. I wanted that kiss, I want more than that kiss, I want Alexander...

Just then, I hear Alexander close his bedroom door as he quietly went into his room. Releasing my hair from its ponytail, I run my hands through my hair frustrated as my eyes stung with unshed tears that I wasn't going to let spill. Was I going to be this afraid forever? Was I really going to let my dad and that bastard and every single one of my demons hold me down forever? Not today, not ever again.

(Warning: 18+ content ahead ;) )

Before my mind could comprehend what, I was doing, I wiped the tears threatening to spill and opened my bedroom door. With each step I took, I stepped on one of my demons until I opened the door across from mine.