*Chapter 30: Nothing else Matters*

Above is the song Nothing is stopping me by Vicetone. The lyrics go great with Skylars new attitude <3

Happy reading <3

Thank you all for all the support!!

Love, GrissyQuinn <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexander's POV

Two more weeks passed, and Skylar was still in her deep sleep. It was nearing Christmas and I was praying for a miracle. There wasn't going to be a Christmas this year if she didn't wake up. Though her bones and body had nearly healed, the bruises on her skin were still very visible. They ran all the way up her ribs and the burn marks from the electrodes were visible as well. Even so, Skylar looked peaceful as she slept. Her hair sprayed across her pillow and her hands neatly at her side.

I took her hand in mine and kissed it gently. "You need to wake up, Sky. I need you here. I fucked up, I never should have kicked you out, I just don't understand why you went back there."

In that moment the door to her room opened and my mother, sister and Clarisse walked in. After she had helped us get Skylar out of D. Impero, I offered her Safe Haven here at the Villa. There was no way I was going to let her go back to D. Impero to be killed after helping us. Behind her walked my mother and sister.

"Here." My mother placed a tray of food in the table next to me. "You've barely eaten in days, Alex." She looked down me with a loving expression.

"I don't need to eat" was my only answer.

"Alex, I know you're worried about Skylar but at this point you starving yourself to death is not going to help her." Catalina spoke up while checking up on Skylar's vitals. "She is stable and still healing. All we can do is wait until she's ready to wake up."

"Go, eat something, rest" were going to change her clothes and give her a bath." Clarisse spoke up now. "If something happens, you'll be the first to know."

"Ill have one of the maids take the food to your room" my mother said.

"I will but can I speak to Clarisse for a moment?" My mother nodded and left the room along with Cat. "Why did she go back?" I asked Clarisse not taking my eyes off Skylar.

"Because of Jeremy and Alexa" she sat on the other side of Skylars bed. "She knew if she ran, her father would not rest until he had her back under her control. He would have stopped at nothing, even if it meant hurting me or any of the people she loved. She went back to keep them safe, even if it meant she wasn't safe herself."

"I should have never kicked her out like that"

"What matters is that you got her back. Go get some rest and some food. If she wakes up, I will come and get you"

I didn't want to leave her side, but I knew she waso right. Without another word I got up and headed towards my room.

Passing Angelo's office, the door opened. "Hey, they actually got you to leave her side." He said jokingly.

"No way!" Eric exclaimed coming out of the office behind Angelo. "I thought for sure he would move in there by now."

"I want to be there when she wakes up. Why is that such a bad thing?" I answered them.

"What use is it to never leave her side, if you smell like you haven't showered in days." Eric answered

"He hasn't" Angelo pinched his nose. "Look, we all want her to wake up and be okay but you gotta pull yourself together."