Punk Rock

I examine myself from every angle. The soft pink dress is a striking contrast to Andy’s outfit, but I actually look attractive in it.
Once I approve the dress, she plops me down at her vanity to do my hair. She removes the braid, shaking out my curls. My hair is the weirdest thing. Even if you put my hair in a braid for five minutes, beautiful curls will be your end result.
Andy puts a bobby pin between her lips, running her fingers through my hair.
“So answer me one question, Andy.”
“Mmm.”
“Why on earth do you look ready for a punk rock concert and I’m here dressed like I’m ready to go to church?”
She laughs, sticking the bobby pin into my hair to hold it back from my face.
“Because I want you to shock the heck out of the crowd tonight.”
She reaches for some lipstick and eyeshadow.
“Wait. Crowd? I didn’t sign up for a crowd let alone me shocking the heck out of it.”
She rolls her eyes.
“Close your eyes.”
I do as she instructs. The applicator tickles. I do my best to keep my eyes shut.
“Don’t worry about anything, Skye. I planned this for you and you are going to thank me. Now open your eyes.”
I look at my reflection. I look so weird. Andy and I are definitely dressed like polar opposites. She put a light eyeshadow on that somehow makes my eyes stand out.
“I don’t think you even need any lipstick. You look amazing just the way you are.”
She studies the mirror for a second before a frown appears on her face.
“Maybe some lip gloss.”
She roots around for her lip gloss, handing it to me before leaning forward to fix her black eyeliner. I have to admit, she looks stunning. She can definitely pull off the punk rock thing.
I apply a thin layer of the sparkly gloss while Andy applies hooker red to her lips. She takes one last look at the both of us before smiling.
“Perfect! Daniel should be here any moment to pick us up.”
“Daniel is tagging along, too?”
Andy sprays me with my perfume before I slip on my coat, waiting for her to respond.
“He’s the one who set this whole thing up, Skye. Make sure to thank him at the end of the night.”
A knock fills the room. Andy opens the door and Daniel steps in. He’s also dressed like he’s going to a punk rock concert.
Andy kisses his cheek to greet him.
“Are you ladies ready to go?”
She looks back at me and I nod.
“Yes we are.”