Cranky

I look at my outfit in the mirror. A button-up red and black plaid shirt, a pair of jeans, and boots. My hair is tied back into a bun and I’m barely wearing any makeup. My phone reads 7:45. Sonny should be here soon. I turn off the bathroom light, walking out into the kitchen. I sit down at the island and take a sip of my Dr. Pepper. Gavin emerges from his bedroom, walking over to the fridge. He’s dressed in ripped jeans and an old t-shirt with high-tops. That’s strange. I’ve never seen Gavin in high-tops before.
“Where are you going tonight?”
“Why does it matter to you?”
“Just curious. No need to snap.”
He’s right. I was a little harsh but he deserved it. He was cranky this morning so he shouldn’t be talking.
Someone knocks at the door and Gavin strolls over casually to answer it. He opens the door, revealing someone who isn’t Sonny.
“What’s up Trevor?”
“Nothing man. I heard you’re going to the party tonight and I was wondering if I could bum a ride. My bike is in the shop.”
“Yeah.”
Out of the corner of my eye, I see Gavin turn his head to me.
“I’m leaving. Don’t make a mess.”
I give him the finger, causing Trevor to laugh. Little does Gavin know, I’m going to be at the party too. And there is nothing he can do to stop me.