Chapter 12

It's late after school. The eveningsky has already fallen above the streetlights shining like round stars outside the carwindow. I pull over at an empty parking lot. Looking up at the big sign by the roof. The famous Nando's rooster glowing in black and red as usuall.

"Are you sure he doesn't work on wednesdays?" I ask, unclicking my seatbelt.

"Totally. He happened to mention it while we were planning."

I silently sigh. Every time she brings up their collusion it reminds me of how stubborn she can be, how far she'll go to reach her goals. And how me myself are so easily fooled. When Kylie has get herself out of the car we walk together towards the sliding doors.

---

So here I am, at Nando's, a late wednesday evening, dipping fresh natchos inside a bowl filled with white garlic cream. It's more people than usuall and if we hadn't taken a table at the back I would have ran before they could even blink.
By the corner I am almost invisible. Waiting for my next order, a spicy chickenburger with fresh onionrings and roasted strings of bacon. Kylie has broke our sacred hamburger's codex and ordered a spicy curry chicken instead. At least it's chicken.
I laugh wildly at a joke she just told when I catch sight of someone irishly coming out from the kitchen doors.
My heart drops.

"You said he wouldn't be here." I whisper to Kylie in a hushed voice.

Niall walks into the room, irishly starting to take orders from hungry custumers, glancing at the food on the other tables.

"Sorry for lying Rose. Again."

Kylie splits her fingers into her typical gesture.

"It's not that..." I start protesting, reeling off the words but Kylie runs me over.

"Anyway, here's your money."

She place a 10 pounds bill on the table. Sliding it towards me between golden nails.

"Keep the change. I owe you that."

I put the money in my pocket. Looking over my shoulder to see how the food is going. An extra large hamburger with ketchup and french fries stands on the counter. That must be mine. A chicken lies beside. Probably Kylie's.
I spot a waitor slip towards it, lifting both plates up on his irish hands.
Bingo.
Niall will come to our table. I'll have to meet him orb to orb. Telling him I am sorry in this heartracing place. I really should have told him by the church.

Kylie puts a strain of hair behind her ear. Orbing me closely.

"Oh. Here he comes. Sorry Rose, but our deal never became finished. You left without a word. I'll be outside."

"You can't leave me I..." I keep protesting, not realizing I'm shouting useless words at her flat back like broken arrows.

As my heart beats faster the sweatings are dropping by to say hello. I reach for her sleeve but she has made up her mind. She rise from her chair, walking away and snatching the plate with the chicken from Niall as he comes closer.

"Thank you. That one's for me."

She flashes him a pleasant smile, showing her white somewhat pointy teeth. He answers it back but not as spontaneous. With growing feelings of hot betrayal I watch her leave through the sliding doors.

My chest seem to close. My lips starting to quiver from the pressure.
My purple orbs flying over everything from the swinging kitchen doors, the tables, to the green wallpapers.
I can see Kylie through the tall vertical windows, leaning against my car while eating that big juicy chicken. Due to true Kylie spirit she will only come inside in cases of absolute emergency. Like if he decided to hit me and that won't happen. So I suppose I have to discount her help.