Chapter 17

Ms Cecil picks up her colour stained pen. She studies her class like no teacher has ever studied us before. I feel as transparent as a window. No secrets, no hidings, nothing of everything. Her face alluring somehow. Perhaps of some conflict at the student houses. Some romantic secrets she happens to know about or some fights that broke out during the last days.

The next second her all knowing expression has completely vanished. Like it was never there, but I know it was.
She straightens her back, combing her black dress as she whips her colourful pen at her palm. The honeybrown  orbs zeroing in at us behind the square glasses, giving her a strict apperance.

"New courses, new students, another term have taken it's beginning and you have finally started to get to know each other."

She cross her legs, leaning against the desk. Smiling brightly at us. Her very own class gathered together from all around Great Britain and the rest of the world.

"Let me present to you the annual Autumn Prom. By students, for students."

From being a tired, very lazy class sleeping over tables with no sparks in their orbs she makes every single soul light, all faces suddenly looking up. Wide awake, anticipating her next words.

"You can choose a partner, preciously which one you want. It doesn't matter if it's a boy, girl or leguan. It could be someone that doesn't even go to this school. Just invite someone, but you need to tell the student council first which one."

All orbs to her. No one wants to miss a single juicy detail. Listening carefully for the words. Jumping over them like starving tigers.

"You will have three weeks for preparation. The prom takes place at the first of October. If you have any questions you can ask the student council. They will gladly answer them for you."

---

That week nothing remains the same. Everywhere mouths of people I barely know are speaking loudly about dresses, make up, food and even Limos. The outragous tiny part of them I completely know is sitting right beside me.

Kylie is in heaven.
If she can find a reason, which she always does, she constantly talks about make up and dresses. And very loudly too so not even the whole world can miss out. Funny it was me finding the way to her heart. The complete opposite. Sometimes I wonder why she hasn't got her own talkshow. She would definatley sell.

In my opinion I feel very unsure about this whole kind of thing. A Prom is a big and social event. Social means people and big means many.
If there is one thing I truly hate it is being social with many.

In deep contrast to me, Kylie was being herself and asked out a guy almost immediatley. Comically his name also was Guy. A ginger with freckles powdered over his cheeks like sprinkles and a silly manbun on top of his head.

If I'm going, I'm going with Nick. It's just that little kind of troubled something holding me back. Something different. Something way more complicated to handle.
Thinking about romance in public  avivable for everybody to see sends shivers down my spine. I don't think love is supposed to work that way. It should fill you with so much hot passion that you don't care about anything anymore anywhere. Not fill your terrified body to the brim with more fear.
I have three weeks before striking deadline. That means one week of thinking, two weeks of acting. I'd better start thinking this through right now.