Chapter 24

Hi!

Hope you are doing fine with life and everything.
I have a very serious shipname:

Nose Haters

Note my sarcasm.

Comment what you think, and you're awesome :)

//Mica

---

Inside, it isn't that easy anymore. The familiar twisting curls from my stomach returns as I lay orbs on the many people blocking my way. The rushing springwater seem to slow down several bits. My vision darkens. But I keep on.
I can't give up now that I am so close.

My orbs switch between everything from girls in beautiful dresses, potatoe crisps in decorated glass bowls and boys in fancy tuxedos. Then, at the back of the room near the wall bars, there's where I find him.

He isn't hard to find. I figure he can only move in one direction. Unfocused, sacking, incredibly irish and barely noticing Clarisse blowing airkisses in front of him. He seems to be part of a whole other universe, a place filled with deep thoughts and where irishness is king.
Kylie was right. He isn't happy.

Like an invisible thread bound round my waist something pulls me straight forward. I start running through the crowd, trying to focus on him only and what will happen when I reach his arms.
While throwing halfhearted excuses around me to those I accidently hit with my elbows I catch sight of Nick. He is dancing with a new girl. She looks cute with firekissed freckles and a small line of braces steadying her teeth. To my surprise I notice I don't mind at all. This day was the end of our story. I am at last happy to be free.

A few metres away, someone steps in my way. I don't have time to halt. My feet trip on the hem of my ripped skirt and I fall. Hands first.
The skin on my palms burns as I try to get up again.

Gym floors can be so painful.

The tall person blocking me disappears into the crowd. I can't even make out if it's a he or a she. Just as I take the last step up on my struggling heels my orbs meet the familiar crystal blue ones of the irish. Only a metre above. A flicker flips my stomach like mirrors. I'm seeing blind.

"I'm so sorry!" I spit out in lack of something better to say.

Sensitive moments has never been my strong point. If I had got some time to think it through I would definatley had come up with a much better line.
He stares at me with all of his irishness exposed, surprised as if I was Saint Patrick himself returning from the grave.

"Rose..." his voice shakes irishly with that sexy irish accent I've grown so used to.

"Yup, that's me." I answer stupidly popping the p.

My hands curl together behind my back. I feel the wet tears return. Blurrying my vision. Making his face look like a muddy reflection under water. Clarisse stands by his side, holding his arm tight against her silk body. I have just interrupted their slowfox.
I angrily wipe the tears away with the back of my hand.

"I overslept... I should have met you but I couldn't... I... I love you..."

There. Said it. It's finally out. My stomach feels as if it could fly me away any second. It wouldn't surprise me though with all the feathers tickeling inside.

As he captures the moment, analyzing and finally understanding the true meaning of those magical three words I've just uttered, his face lightens up. Slowly and very irishly. I watch him jump the shortest but most heartracing riverdance I have ever seen.