Chapter 14

"That was awesome!" I shout as we walk out from the cinema two hours later. Niall happily riverdancing his way out beside me.

Toy Story 3. One of the only movies going on repeat - and the only ones ever made - Love actually, Titanic, The notebook and Toy story 3. As long as Toy story is one of them I am perfectly fine.

"Glad you liked it." Niall says with an irish shy smile. Jumping some steps from a spontaneous riverdance I guess he just come up to. A tear gleaming in his orb.

I stifle a laugh to not get choked by the popcorns as we walk to my car. I am still eating from my fifth extra large bag of popcorn with large amounts, my chins as bulging round as a hamster's, while Niall is finishing his forth. He throws it in a garbage can and after that the silence is gone for long.

He takes me on a trip through the problems with their new album, why it's so late and why they decided to split up but ended up together in the same direction anyway. Turns out they can only go in one direction.

Zayn is going through really tough times. A break up with his swimmingpool loving girlfriend who immediatley stopped loving him when she realized he couldn't swim and had faked the whole thing. Eventually she found out when he almost drowned after jumping into the water and realized too late that the pool ladder was up.
I thought it was cute but apparently she didn't.

Harry is going through something even worse through Niall's point of view. His sister passed in the same time his retired girlfriend left with his third kid Darcytwo, and with Liam's growing phobia for spoons only getting worse every single day it's all getting real messed up. Not strange at all their album is two years on delay.
I steadily listen to his sexy irish voice, cracking sometimes.

"Let everything take it's time. If we don't know what pain is, we can't see the joy in smiling." I say as we take seats inside my red Ford Fiesta.

He lightens up a little in an extremely irish manner while I pull out from the driveway.

"That's a really good advice. Do you like poetry?" he asks, face turning to me.

"Yes." I automatically answer, not thinking twice before my brain has lost control over it's tongue.

"Since the age of six I started exploring my own imagination, visiting new places only my mind could reach. At the age of twelwe I started writing them on paper."

"That's nice."

We stay quiet for a while. Both lost in our own personal thoughts. His irish, mine british.
In the end of our evening I feel like I pull in at the Nando's parking lot all to quickly. I wish we could drive for at least another hour. But the night has fallen and it's late. Half past midnight and it's clearly time to go home.

"Thank you for this evening." I say as the car slows down.

"No problem."

I unfold my seatbelt, waiting for him to get out. Hoping it will give him a clue but he remains just where he is. Correcting his shirt.

"Can you forgive me now?"

Crap. I had forgotten that tiny part of the deal. Of course I have to forgive him and it seems nicer to do it now.
All within an instant my dream shatters into thousands of pieces and I remember that this is just business. No feelings, no real friendliness. Just hard stonecold business.
Just a deal. A part of a shared plan.

"Yes I do."

He smiles. A mild, content and absolutley irish smile lighting up his irish face. Then he looks like he could burst into tears within any second.

"Finally!"

Though he is trying really hard not to, a lonly wet droplet slides down his right cheek. In lack of knowing how to react I open the cardoor, sticking my left foot out. Waiting for him to get the hint but instead feeling a warm hand at my shoulder. As warm as an irish hand can be.

"We should do this again sometime."

An involuntarily smile spreads over my lips. A warm feeling curling inside my stomach. I feel like wrapped up inside a blanket by the fireplace with a big cup of hot delicous tea between my hands.

"Yes we should."

I cast him a look, watching him climb out of the small car as I place myself inside again. Tripping on my shoelaces. I stumble around but manage to find my balance. The red blush embraces me again. I can feel his irish gaze from outside the carwindow. Watching me.
What a goodbye.