Chapter 3

^^ She will not have the fake nose and teeth. Only the wig, glasses, and colored contacts

I walk downstairs to see if Sofia's plan is actually working, and I see my mom and Sofia laughing.

 "Oh Mia I think this is a great idea, Sofia said this would give you so much exposure in Australia. She always has great ideas, here let me go book you some interviews right away." My Mom says as she runs to her laptop. 

"No, Ms. Maria that won't be necessary. You see, Mia will be with me on vacation, taking a break. I have some family in Australia and I know some choreographers that can help her practice while she is away. Also Maria, you should have a little vacation for yourself as well. I know Mia can be a handful, why don't you go to the Bahamas for a bit. Oo maybe you can go to Milan fashion week." Sofia says while I roll my eyes, I am not a handful if anything it should be the other way around.

 "Ugh Sofia, this is brilliant, Why can't I have you as my daughter. Let me book these tickets right away, I do need a getaway from Mia. She is the reason why I'm getting grey hairs." My Mom says as she walks away to her office. 

"I don't know if I should be angry that my mom doesn't want me as her daughter or happy that your plan worked." I said. 

"Now, let's see Julio, he is a really big fan of yours so everything is covered." Sofia says as we head out of the house. 

"Sofia, do you really trust this guy? Like what if he goes around telling my secret?" I say while getting into her car.

 "No, Julio would never besides, he owes me." She smirks and begins to drive away.

We arrive to 'Julio's beauty salon' and when we walk inside we see a tall man with pink highlights in his hair. The salon was closed for today so Julio can help me with my disguise. 

"Am i dreaming? I'm dreaming right, oh goodness THE Mia Williams is here in my store." Julio blushes while fanning himself. 

"In the flesh, now do you have a look in mind that will pull this off," I say while looking around the store. 

There were different styles of wigs around the room as well as makeup brushes in containers by the mirrors. 

"Oh yes, I plan on turning into your opposite self, or alter ego if you will." Julio says while taking a picture of me and turning around to take a selfie with me. 

"Uhm Julio, what do you mean 'alter ego' like a bad girl side or like a nerd side because we have to keep my identity lowkey that won't draw attention." I say after smiling for the picture.

 "Oh it will be a nerd side of you since your such a baddie..hashtag bestie hashtag my true love hashtag baddie." Julio says while furiously typing on his phone. 

"Alright come with me and we can get started." He says excitedly as he sits me down on the salon chair.

"Wow, Mia you look like a whole new person. Like in a good way, like a hot nerd type way," She says while winking at me.

 She isn't wrong, I have a dirty blond wig on with realistic blue contacts behind these black frames. It's strange how I look so unrecognizable with only a few items. Julio and Sofia wanted me to dye my hair which I then quickly refused because my mom and fans would freak out. Besides, I like my brown hair. 

"Mia did you come up with a fake name?" Sofia says while running her fingers through my wig.

 "Uh how about Maya Walters?" I say while staring at my reflection.

 "I mean I guess that could work but really? You will still have the same initials. Do you think you can pull this whole nerd character off?" Sofia says.

 "C'mon Sofia, I'm an actress for crying out loud, it's gonna be easy as hell pulling this off." I say as I get out of the chair.

 "Alright let's go," Sofia says while she walks out of the store to make sure no paparazzi is there. 

"Thanks again Julio this means a lot to me," I say as a go to hug him. 

"The pleasure is all mine.. oh my lord I'm bout to faint." Julio says while fanning him selves. "I LOVE YOU MIA DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE." Julio yells as I begin to walk out the salon.

I'm now at home, Sofia dropped me off an hour ago. I start to dial a number by heart as I wait for the person to pick up. 

"Hey sweetheart! I'm surprised you called, not that I don't you to call. It's just that you called last week and you know how your mother is." My dad says while sighing. 

"Dad, I know this may jeopardize my career but I have made a plan to go to Virginia to experience a normal life. Everything is covered, the disguise, Mom and how to keep everything a secret. I just need you to enroll me into school." I say.

 "Well.. okay kiddo, anything for you. There is a nearby school called Meadowsides I believe, and it's walking distance." My dad says as I hear him typing in the background.

 "Alright, I should be arriving next week so I will text you when I arrive at the airport." I said. 

"Okay kid, I gotta go but you are going to fill me in on how you got your mother to let you go." My dad says sternly.

 "Okay dad, I love you." I say. 

"Love you to kid, can't wait to see you." My dad says as he hangs up the phone.

I go on live on Instagram to answer some questions and to inform my fans about Australia. 

"Hey guys, I just want to inform you guys that i will be gone for a few months. I decided to take a little break before tour to take some time to myself. But don't worry I haven't forgotten about you guys. So I have decided to make a contest, this will last until the day before tour. This is for all my talented fans out their, so what you need to do is post a cover of your favorite song from my album and post it on social media. You need to tag me and share it with your friends to get noticed. The winner will open my performance in Los Angeles. This is the opportunity to get noticed by big labels and agencies!" I say as I watch my phone being flooded with comments and hearts. "Remember, only one can win, so good luck and I hope to see you in Los Angeles!" I end my live and begin to pack. 

Although I never told my mom about the contest, I still want to give back to my fans. Especially since I'm going to disappear for a few months.