Chapter 9

It is now Friday and I am really nervous. It's weird how I can sing In front of thousands of people but yet I can't hang out with one dude without feeling nauseous. For the past few days Ace has been taking me to and from school and I'm not complaining. Today however, Ace couldn't pick me up today because they usually do some ritual before school starts or whatever. He never really told me what these 'rituals' consist of. Emily and I have become pretty close friends since Monday. I'm kind of forcing her to come with me to this party because I have no idea what is going to happen. Mark and Emily started talking a bit so hopefully Mark will take her to the party.

I make my way to school and there is a huge crowd outside.

 The principal is standing behind a podium, "Now Presenting our undefeated football team!" 

The crowd screams as the football players run through the paper banner. Ace is in the front and he runs up on the stage and stands next to the principal. The other players gather around behind him. The cheerleaders stood in front of the stage cheering them on. They continue to hype the crowd by saying how they are going to win and then they will go to state finals. I zoned out for a good ten minutes because if I'm honest, i was bored. How do these people have so much school spirit. I can barely get up in the morning just to go to school.

After the whole ritual or whatever that thing was, Ace and I walk to Government. As I walk into class, I see Amber and her friends huddle around and whisper among each other. As i walk to my desk, Amber sticks her Cheeto looking leg out, causing me to fall on the ground.

 I groan as she begins to laugh, "oops my bad."

 They laugh as Ace reaches his hand out to hoist me up.

 "Amber what the fuck is your problem?" Ace snaps. 

"Acie-boo it was just an accident besides, she is really clumsy." She snickers.

 "I'm sorry she treats you like this." He says sadly.

 "It's fine," I sigh as I sit down in my seat. Amber glares at me as she starts to walk back to her seat. 

"You know, I'm excited that you are going to the game tonight. You are going to be my good luck charm." He says as he winks at me.

 "Oh please, you guys are undefeated and I just got here. Why do you need a good luck charm?" I reply.

 "Well maybe I can get a good luck kiss from my new lucky charm." He says as I begin to blush.

After my chemistry class, I head down to the cafeteria and get my lunch. I walk towards our usual table and sit down across from Emily. 

"Hey Emily how are you?" I say as I stab my fork into my salad.

 "Uhm to be honest.. I'm a bit nervous. I have never been to the football games or a high school party." She frowns while taking a bite out of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

 "It's going to be my first time too. Besides, it's your senior year Emily, you have to step out of your shell and try new things." I tell her as I take a sip of my water. 

"Your right.. it's just.. Mark asked me to go with him to the party and I'm afraid I'm going to be played. He is a player maya just like all the boys in this school. He hooks up with girls and then kicks them to the curb." She sighs while staring towards the boys direction as they walk towards us.

 "Give him a chance, besides I doubt Ace will be with me the whole night so it's just gonna be you and I." Ace sits down next to me as the mark and Cameron sit at their usual seats.

 "So what are you two talking about?" Ace says while eating some fries. 

"Nothing much, just talking about tonight . We aren't really the type to party that's all." I tell him while finishing my salad.