Chapter 35

"Hello Ms. Williams, pleasure seeing you again." Arthur smiled as he stood in front of the steps of the private jet.

"It's good to see you too, Mr. Webb." I smiled back as I shake his hand.

"Mia, just get on the plane already." My mother impatiently says as she goes around me and walks up the steps.

I sighed, "I'm sorry for my Mom's behavior, it has been a long day."

"I understand, why don't you head inside. The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get to Los Angeles." Arthur says as I nod in agreement.

I walk up the steps as I hear Roger and Sofia yelling at each other.

"Sofia for the five thousandth time, we are watching the Walking Dead, NOT Pretty Little Liars." Roger yelled as he grabbed the remote.

"Excuse me, but I would rather not see zombies eating humans. The Walking Dead is SO overrated." Sofia scoffs and tries to get the remote from Roger.

"Yeah and Pretty Little Liars isn't overrated as well?" Roger argued as he pulls the remote away from her.

"Both shows are so overrated, have you seen the Umbrella Academy on Netflix? That show is better than those two shows combined." I crossed my arms and sat down on the couch across from them.

Before they could argue, my mom interrupts them. "Mia, can I talk to you for a minute?" She asks not bothered to look up from her phone.

"You know what, how about we watch this Umbrella Academy in the back room." Roger awkwardly suggests as he throws the remote on the couch.

"That sounds like a good idea Mr. Allen." Sofia responds as the race to the back room.

I watch as my mom gets up out of her seat and sits across from me. The jet starts taking off as Arthur announces some protocol instructions for us to ignore.

"I'm just gonna go straight to the point, why did you go to Virginia or more importantly, lie to me?" Mom said with a straight face as she crosses her arms.

"I wanted to experience what it was like to be normal I guess."

"You have already experienced what it was like when you were little, why would you go through that again?"

"You don't understand Mom, you never do." I frustratedly say.

"Then make me understand Mia, you are living the life that every other teenager would want to live."

"Who said that I even wanted this life in the first place?"

Mom looks at be questionably, "What the heck do you mean? Of course you wanted this life, ever since you were a little girl. We moved to Los Angeles because of you, so you can pursue your dreams."

"I was 10 years old and everything was so new to me at the time. I was so blindsided by the fame until I realized how much I missed my friends and family back home. After the show, did you once ask me if I was happy?"

"Of course I knew you were happy, you had a smile on your face brighter than the one you had when you were in Virginia. Besides, they were just holding you back." She said as she took out her phone.

"Just because you would see me smile doesn't mean that I was happy." I scoffed and looked away, "I can't believe that you really think that my grandparents, father and friends would hold me back. Are you even hearing yourself?"

"I hear myself loud and clear. This whole situation is all your fault and I had to fly all the way from California just to pick up the pieces. I swear, I didn't raise you to be an ungrateful brat." She spat as she started typing on her phone.

"Do you know another reason why I did this?" I said as I stood up.

"Enlighten me."

"I did this to get away from you. It's funny, your own daughter wanted to get away from you. For years, you were such an awful mother to me. Yes, you were able to find me roles and other gigs and for that I am so grateful. But do you realize how robotic this relationship is? You never asked me how my day was or even wanting to spend time with me. You were always out partying doing god knows what or you were on vacation, using the money you made off of me. When I was 13 years old, I got my first period. When I told you that I got my period, you just told me 'Congrats' and gave me some tampons. I had to go on youtube and wikihow since you never helped. But when that didn't work, I went to Sofia's house so she can teach me. I swear, the maids and nannies were more of a mother than you." I angerily said as my mom snapped her attention to me.

"Young lady, you don't understand how hard it was for me to raise you by myself. I did what was best for us. Have you heard of tough love?" She snapped back.

"Tough Love? You call your parenting tough love? You left my dad, you did that to yourself. You knew how much he didn't want us to move to California but you did it anyways. You are so hard headed that you barely allowed me to visit them or even call them. I was only 13 and I was dealing with divorced parents, a poor excuse of a mother, and being stuck in an industry full of snakes. Honestly, did you do all of this so I can follow my dreams? Or did you do use me so you can make money off of me? Let's be realistic here, you used to be a model, you had no experience with managing clients."

"For a model, I sure am a good manager considering the amount of tv shows and movies you were in." She smirked.

"You were a good manager but a horrible mother."

"You know what Mia? I am over this conversation, all this yelling is causing wrinkles." She said as she looked at the camera on her phone.

I sighed as I shook my head, "I hate you so much." I choked as tears started falling down my face.

The cracking of my voice made my mom glance up from her phone. Before she could say anything, I walked to the bedroom.

I opened the door before hearing a thud sound coming from the other side. I opened the door again to see Roger and Sofia on the ground as the groan, rubbing their foreheads.

"You know, eavesdropping is a terrible thing." I said as I wiped away my tears.

"It's also a terrible thing when I see my best friend cry." Sofia got up and immediately hugged me.

I started crying as I hear Roger getting up and rubbing my back.

"You did it kiddo, you finally told her how you felt. I'm so proud of you Mia." Roger says as he tries to calm me down.

"You don't understand." I sniffed as I pulled away from Sofia. "You should've seen her face, I swear that woman is so heartless. I wish she was never my mother."

"Mia, as stupid as this sounds stupid but, somewhere deep down your mother cares about you so much. She just has a funny way of showing it. I know that it is feels so hard right now but trust me, things are going to get better. You are almost 18 and you can find yourself a new manager." Roger says as he wipes some stray tears.

"Roger is right, I know it sucks right now but this is a start. You are turning your life around, You are in control now. Give it some time, give your mom some space so she can think about all of this new information." Sofia said as she held my hand.

"Yeah, you guys are right. Can we do something to get my mind off of all of this?" I asked as Roger and Sofia smiled.

"Alright kiddo, Sofia will put on the Umbrella Academy and I will go get some popcorn and drinks." Roger said as he kissed my forehead.

"Come on chica, lets go put some face masks on."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=

First, wow 5k reads?? *mind blown*

Second, I honestly feel like I get more motivation when I see people commenting and voting on the chapters. SOOOO.....

If you guys want me to write the next few chapters,

COMMENT & VOTE!!!

Next chapter is going to be the Interview on the Ellen show