Chapter 38

"Mia, stop looking so gloomy." Sofia said as she threw a pillow at my face.

I sighed, "Prom is tomorrow and I don't even know if my mom is going to let me go."

After the interview with Ellen, my mom and I started to hang out more. We started to bond over the little things as well as talking about our futures. Obviously she still has the same personality as before, but she has started to put my needs first instead of her own.

"Do you even have a prom dress?" Sofia asked.

"No. Things have been so hectic recently that I just forgot all about it."

Sofia abruptly stands up and grabs my arm, dragging me out of my room.

"What the heck are you doing?" I asked as we walk down the stairs.

My mom looks up from her sketchbook as she watches Sofia dragging me to the kitchen.

"Maria, tell your daughter the thing you told me this morning." Sofia says as she crosses her arms.

"Oh, right." My mom said as she gets up and gestures me to take a seat.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I know that you really want to go to prom so, I decided to make a prom dress for you. I know that you really wanted to go, so I made a dress a few days ago after the interview." She said as she walks to her room and comes back with a long gown.

" She said as she walks to her room and comes back with a long gown

I gasped, "How the hell did you make this dress that quickly?"

She shrugged, "I had help of course. Now we already have everything set up. Julio is going to be flying with us to Virginia so he can do your hair and makeup. Roger will obviously be there as well so he can drive you guys to the school."

"You guys?" I asked.

"Oh right, Matthew and I are going to go with you. I can't leave you all alone with those people." Sofia casually said.

"Wait, you and Matthew? What's going on between you two?"

Sofia blushed and awkwardly coughed, "Well, we actually met at a casting call a while ago and I guess things just went from there."

"I thought I would never see the day that my best friend would settle down with a guy." I joked as she shoved my shoulder. "So when are we leaving?"

"Roger went to pick up Julio and Matthew. They should actually be here any minute now."

*door bell rings*

"Alright ladies, let's go to Virginia!" My mother enthusiastically says.

-=+=-

Short filler chapter

That is only because the next chapter is going to be prom and it will most definitely be a long one. So buckle up your seat belts because there is going to be a lovely reunion.

Vote and Comment for the next chapter!

P.S- I apologize for any errors, I haven't updated in a while.