Chapter 33

Ace's POV
(wow so surprising )

"Honey, are you sure you want to go to school today? You just got off of a plane a few hours ago, you must be tired?" mom asked as she finished making a stack of pancakes.

"Mom I'm fine, besides, I am going to ask Maya to be my date for Prom today. I already have everything planned out with the help from the guys." I said as I finished my plate of pancakes. I got up and grabbed my keys and my book-bag. "I have to go now so I can get there before she does. Love you."

"Alright, love you too. Remember to go to the diner after school today to help out. Rebecca called saying that her son is sick and she has no one else to take care of him."

"I will, bye mom." I said as I left the house.

It never takes that long to drive to school however, something seemed off today. News reporter cars and other cars filled with photographers are all trying to park at Meadowside.

"Strange." I muttered as I parked in my usual spot. I get out of the car and sling my book-bag around my shoulder. The plan for the prom-posal was to have the football team make a scene to get Maya's attention. Then with the help of the cheerleaders and the dance club, a flash mob would break out. After that I plan on coming in with some sunflowers and ask her to prom.

"Everything is all set up, just say the words and we will start." Andrew said.

"Thanks bro, I will give a signal once Maya comes." 

I look around to see if Maya arrived yet, but it is hard to see with all of these reporters everywhere. 

"Did they all plan to write an article on the football team or something?" I thought as I continued to look around.

"Oh there you are Aciepoo, I missed you so much! Ugh, these months were so long." Amber said dramatically as she clinged on to my arm.

"Hello Amber, always so... lovely to see you." I responded as I tried to peel her off my arm.

"Look, I know you plan on surprising your girlfriend for prom and all but... I need to let you know that she isn't who she says she is." Amber said seriously.

"What do you mean Amber?" I said impatiently.

"Let's just say... she has been lying to you for months. Right in your face, and you need somebody who is not only loyal, but is also truthful to you. Someone... like me." Amber seductively says as her fingers slowly slide up my arm.

"Amber, I don't understand what you are trying to say."

As soon as I finished my sentence, Amber grabbed me and pulled her into her lips. I cringe immediately and pull away.

"Amber what the heck was that for?" I angrily say.

Amber looks around until she spots somebody, "Looks like your honest girlfriend has arrived." 

I follow her gaze until I spot her...

Maya

I run towards her, pushing through the crowd to get to her.

"Maya look I know this looks wrong but trust me I can explain." I desperately say.