Chapter 31

Matthew and I spent as much time as we can with each other for the rest of the week. From bowling to watching the movies, we did everything we could to get into the public eye. It sure did work, we have been trending on twitter for the past few days. It is strange how I went from hating his guts to loving every moment I got to spend with him. 

I am so happy that we got to do this because I gained another friend in California. He promised me that he would come to my first stop on tour and I promised him to go to the premiere of his new movie.

I am currently back home at Ace's family's diner back in Virginia. I am sitting with my grandparents and my dad as I tell them everything that I did in California.

"Are you sure you are still dating Ace? Because Matt seems like a great guy." My grandpa said as he takes a bite out of his cheeseburger.

"I am still dating Ace and Matt is just a friend. Besides, I am thinking about setting him up with Sofia. They both agreed to go to my concert in LA so, hopefully it works out." I responded as I stir my milkshake.

"Your mother still sounds the same, fake as always." Grandma sighed.

"Man, Roger and I tried so hard not to laugh when she started acting all nice to us."

"So how are things with you and Ace?" Dad asked.

"Alright I guess, this long-distance really sucks." I said as the front door of the restaurant dinged signaling that a costumer has entered. I didn't bother to turn around as I heard some people sit at the booth behind us.

"Don't worry Mia, things will get better once Ace comes back. I'm telling you kid, if you don't tell him when he comes back, I will tell him myself." said Grandma as she pointed a fry at me.

"I know... I am going to do it as soon as he comes home." As soon as I finished my sentence, my phone starts to ring. "Speaking of the devil, I am going to go to the bathroom real quick, Ace is calling me." I said as I scoot out of the booth.

"Good luck." Grandpa chuckles as he gets up to throw away his trash.

THIRD PERSON POV

i'm sorry if this is random but it will make sense.

Amber turns around as she watches Mia walk to the bathroom.

"Mia?  Why did they just call her Mia?  Did they just say Ace as in Ace Andrews?" Amber thought.

"Amber, isn't that Mia William's Dad right there?" asked her father as he pointed at the man sitting next to an elderly lady.

"Uh... I don't know, I only know what her mother looks like." Amber responded as she looks at her freshly painted pink fingernails.

"Honey look right here, see that's her mother and this right here is her father." Her mother pointed at a picture on her phone. It showed a happy couple standing in front of the Hollywood sign.

Before Amber responded to her mother she felt movement behind her.

"I just talked to Ace and he said that he is coming home as soon as he can. Apparently he has something planned for me and he isn't telling me." Mia said as she shoves her phone in her back pocket.

"Aww, that is so cute Mia." Her grandmother gushes as she crumples up her trash.

"That Andrews kid has more tricks up his sleeve than I did when I dated your mother." Her dad chuckles as he rolls up his sleeves.

"Andrew? Ace Andrews?" Amber thought as she turned around for a brief second.

"Alright Ms. Mia Williams, are you ready to go?" Her grandfather joked.

"Yep, all good to go!" Mia said as she got out of the booth followed by the rest of her family.

Amber watched as they walked passed her. They said goodbye to Ace's parents and walked out the front door.

She looked up and saw her parents talking to each other about their day.

"That wasn't Mia.. that was that Maya Walters chick from Meadowside, the one that is dating Ace. But if that was Maya, then why were they calling her Mia." She thought.

Amber pulled out her phone and typed in Mia Williams on google. She tapped on the first picture that popped up. She studied Mia's facial features and immediately spotted a similarity. Amber went to instagram and pulled up a picture of Ace and Maya together. 

The realization hit Amber all at once when she found out that...

Maya Walters is Mia Williams

The facial features are dead-on and everything else makes sense. From Maya's absences in school to the family behind Amber calling Maya, Mia.

"Will you guys excuse me for a second? I have to make a quick phone call, it won't be for too long." Amber asked her parents as they both looked at her.

"Sure thing honey, don't take too long because we are about to order our food." said her Mother.

Amber quickly got up and rushed out of the diner. She pulled out her phone and googled a phone number to call. Clicking on the number, Amber puts her phone against her ear as she listens to the ringing sound.

"Hello, you have reached the office of TMZ, this is Harvey Levin Speaking."

"Hello Mr. Levin. This is Amber Adams from Virginia, and boy do I have a story for you." Amber says as she smirks know that what she is about to say in the next few seconds is going to change everything.

tbh I have no idea if I just did second person pov or third person pov but it's fine.